Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Special Procurement Key for alternate supplying plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using special procurement key this way:

1) Plant A - Line 1 - Supply from Plant A for raw material i

2) Plant A - Line 2 - Supply from Plant C for raw material i (using special procurement key)

After first creation of the plan order at line 2, the dependent demand is at the correct plant. However, when a change is made (e.g. quantity), the dependent demand went back to Plant A. This can be fixed when planned order Imodel is reset.

As a workaround, what else can be done to get a quick view of the effect of changes in planned order on the raw materials at individual plant?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stac,

I hope that in BOM of Material (Plant A) you have maintained the storage location of Plant C and same is tranferred to APO (PPM/PDS). If not then do the same and test again.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Will you share where can I define the storage location? Can you share how it will affect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Please ignore the previous one as I thought the plant is same with different MRP areas.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200970
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi stac,

As per my understanding You have two plants A and C , both this plants are assigned under single  sales organization.

Using special procurement key. say 40 .

The planned order which is generated for the purchase requisition raised initially is not changing when quantity is changed in the order and it is considering the Plant A instead of plant C.

Does your process support Capable to promise scenario . If yes we can set a indicator ATP to YES/No ,

When we select No the existing receipt elements will not be considered which can help you in fixing the problem.

Let us know whether the clue was helpful to solve the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Arvind Pabba

former_member200970
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi stac,

As per my understanding You have two plants A and C , both this plants are assigned under single  sales organization.

Using special procurement key. say 40 .

The planned order which is generated for the purchase requisition raised initially is not changing when quantity is changed in the order and it is considering the Plant A instead of plant C.

Does your process support Capable to promise scenario . If yes we can set a indicator ATP to YES/No ,

When we select No the existing receipt elements will not be considered which can help you in fixing the problem.

Let us know whether the clue was helpful to solve the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Arvind Pabba