cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Management: Membership Notifications (Outbound Correspondence)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am I correct in my understanding that Outbound Correspondence for loyalty memberships do not use PPF? (I am talking about the notifications processed with RCRM_LOY_OUTBND_PROCESS_QUEUE).

If so, what is PPF application CRM_LOY_MSH for? And where is it used then?

Is there a way to send a notification on the creation of a membership? The event ADD_MEMB does not seem to do this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please refer to the online help:

Membership - Loyalty Management - SAP Library

The outbound correspondence is controlled within the following customizing:

Customer Relationship Management

Marketing

Loyalty Management

Memberships

Outbound Correspondence

This is triggered by the events defined in the outbound correspondence profile. If the execution mode is set to batch the mails are sent by executing report RCRM_LOY_OUTBND_PROCESS_QUEUE.

I don't think that this goes via the PPF framework.

Additonally you can defined any actions to be executed on any membership change. The actions need to be defined in the following customizing:

Customer Relationship Management

Marketing

Loyalty Management

Memberships

PPF Settings for E-Mail Notifications

The point is that the outbound correspondence and the action triggered email notification are different kind of processes.

I hope this helps.

best regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

Thanks for your help. Yes, I see now that PPF is used for notifying members about membership changes (or creation).

However, the IMG documentation is not very helpful with regards to the PPF setup. And when you look at the CRM_LOY_MSH application, by default there are some required fields missing (e.g. the business object type which I am guessing should be BUS8000102 on the default action profile entry CRM_LOY_MSH_NOTIFY).

Is this standard config supposed to work out of the box? I tried changing it (e.g. by setting the business object type, etc.), but still I do not see PPF events generated.

What needs to be done to set up the PPF configuration for membership changes? (I was wondering if perhaps on the loyalty program config or master data there is perhaps some setting I am missing to send out these notifications).

Thanks,

Martin

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

What's the context class configured in PPF customizing? Which processing type is it using? And what kind of schedule and start condition do you have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dude.

Why don't you contact me directly

You want to use the Event driven processing around this.

In SPRO for Marketing -> Loyalty -> Outbound Correspondence

You have: Define Receiver Types - You shouldn't need to ado anything here, the standard config should be enough

Then you have: Define Events and Assign Receiver Types

* You want to select STDMSH_CRE

-  With that highlighted, select Assignment of Receivers...choose MEMBER

Then you have: Define Residence Time for Outbound Correspondence

* Set this to 1 Minute (Alter as you desire)

Then you have Define Outbound Correspondence Profiles

* Create a new Z Profile ID

- Define the Event ID as from above: STDMSH_CRE

- Define Receiver Type as from above: MEMBER

- Communication Channel: Email

- Sender Profile: Think this is a SAP STD Value: I used LOY_MSH_MAIL

- Execution Mode: Direct

Then in MarketingPro role create a Mail Form which has the content of the email you want to send.

Then in the config of your Loyalty Program, make sure you have assignment profile: Correspondence Profile ID visible.

* Add a New entry

** Set Correspondence Profile ID = The Z Profile ID from (Define Outbound Correspondence Profile)

** Define the Mail Form to use as you created in the previous step

...Now you're almost done

Create a new BP and Enrol them into your Loyalty Program

Now go into the Membership, you should see an entry in the Correspondence Queue Assignment Block..make sure the assignment block is visible.

Final Step..go into SE38

Run this report: RCRM_LOY_OUTBND_PROCESS_QUEUE

Check Transaction SOST, the email should be generated.

Done.

Trust you and the family are well

Cheers Mate

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arden. I didn't contact you directly, because I know you are a high-profile SAP consultant and you might bill me

Jokes aside: Thanks, that worked. I had previously tried Event ID ADD_MEMB with Receiver ID NEWMEM, which I thought sounded quite logical, but that did not work.

It still begs the question what the CRM_LOY_MSH PPF application is good for, other than a wild goose chase.

Cool, thanks for the help!

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Following Arden's instructions, I suppose that BAdI just sends out message requests to outbound correspodence queue to be processed by the program RCRM_LOY_OUTBND_PROCESS_QUEUE.

The BAdI uses your personalized mail form as mail body and CRM_LOY_MSH_PPF_FORM adobe form as attachment (from what I understand from the code, haven't tested it out myself yet)

So in case you would like to make some modifications in the adobe form, you can take CRM_LOY_MSH_PPF_FORM as reference ( copy it) and make your own form.

The BAdI has got another method for smartform processing in case you want to send a smart form as attachment rather than an adobe form. (But the method has no sample code, it's empty)

Hope this brings some clarity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful info, Hakan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeap.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, so not sure on that one but Hakan certainly seems to know a bit about it.

Cheers

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Martin Ceronio wrote:

Thanks for the helpful info, Hakan.

Well, I guess since my earlier post gets marked as "helpful", I couldn't edit that, so I have to post another one for correcting my previous post.

I just had a chance to debug the whole process, especially the program: RCRM_LOY_OUTBND_PROCESS_QUEUE

I came to conclusion that this process has nothing to do with CRM_LOY_MSH PPF application. It's just the mail form you created (and maintained in your loyalty program) will be taken into consideration when sending e-mails to members. (And Arden already covered all the customizations needed)

After reading SAP Note: 1406288, I guess SAP intended to integrate PPF (actions) with loyalty management. However, with rule type: Workflow conditions and Bus type: BUS8000102 set, I really found it hard to define a schedule or start condition as parameters seemed quite subtle to me. I'll give it another shot when I have more time (I might try for rule type: Business Add-In next time)

I do think this is just what we know as actions (PPF applications). If we're able to define a start condition properly (with schedule automatically checked) the BAdI will get triggered when the start condition is met and it sends an e-mail to the member with adobe form in the attachment.

Let's see if I can manage that and post the results here...

Best Regards,

Answers (0)