cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap gui is not working fine in ubuntu 14.04

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i am installed ecc ehp6 server in windows 2008 r2,we run sgen also after installation...

and for users we installed ubuntu 14.04 version  sap front end gui is PlatinGUI740_4-20012039.JAR   for java is installed and

java version "1.9.0-ea"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.9.0-ea-b81)..... but after login to gui we are facing many issues like it was very slow compared to windows and taking long for some t codes and after using some keyboard is not working in sap. for abap team some screens are not enabling.can anyone help me what is the issue. but its working perfect in windows machine.

thanks and regards

kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

first, you better use a final and officially supported Java Runtime.

System requirements can be found in note 2059424.

Regarding the problems with typing, do you use any and if yes which input methods?

Regarding limitations of SAP GUI for Java, please refer to note 454939 and transaction classification in se93.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi martin,

thank you for your replay..... some tcodes are se93 they are having untick for gui java.if i put tick then it will support java or not.its allowing to edit and put a tick mark.guide me please....

thanks&regards

kishore

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore.

Putting a check mark alone will not make the transaction compatible.

Is this your own code or SAP's code you are referring to?

If an SAP native transaction code does not have SAPgui for Java checked, then this indicates the transaction is NOT compatible with JavaGUI and in those cases, you should use

SAPgui for Windows only.

Regards.

Jude