cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSO not overwriting primary key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a small problem. I have loaded both transactional data and master data with into a DSO. Then activated the data, and everything is displayed fine till here. I loaded first master data and everything worked fine, but then when i loaded transaction data to DSO, the primary keys that are the same, do not overwrite.

I would like them to overwrite, so in total to have only 7 Rows not 14 as I currently have. The first 7 Rows are Master data and then the second 7 rows are the transactional data.

Please see the picture below. The column with red is what I am trying to overwrite and that is the primary key.

Could you please help me to solve this problem? Should I use different type of infoprovider for putting togheter the master data and transactional data? I believe the problem is at the setting of DTP for DSO but I cannot get the right solutions.

Thank you in advance,

Regys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I tried the above suggestions but still the result is the same.

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Regys

Does the DSO has only one keyfield or multiple?

According to your screenshot, except the field highlighted in red, all other fields are different.

So please make sure all key fields are same in both master data and transaction data.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regys,

Even if you have a blank value  for a key field it is going to take that.

In your case most of the data is blank or with data. Hence the blank and the valid data would be considered as 2 entries.

For Example if you have 2 flows to the same object, some of the fields populated using one and the rest by others, the overwriting would work only if the key data is the same in both the flow.

Flow 1
Field 1 (Key)Field 2 (Key)Field 3 (Key)Field4 (Data)Field5 (Data)Field6 (Data)
ABC10DBlank
Flow 2
ABC20 F
if flow 1 happens first and flow 2 happens second this is how the data would be in the DSO
ABC20DF

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

issue is resolved. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Regys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regys,

The DSO key data  should definitely overwrite.

Kindly check whether the format of the data(key fields )are the same in master and transactional data.

Technically the data would be the same but the format would be different.

For eg : Check for any left padded 0's.Normally it happens to the material related Data One with 0,s and the other with out 0's.Both will be considered as different record.

00101 & 101 are different for the system.

Regards

Vivek

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Regys,

Data will over write the keys which we kept under key fields at dso design level.

so please check your DSO key fields and change accordingly.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

thanks for response. I just checked that but the key that I want to overwrite is at key fields at DSO design level. How about at the settings of DTP should I specifiy something to overwrite?

Thanks

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

At DTP there is no settings to set over write.

is this new dso and  doing at dev system?

if yes then re edit your dso key fields and activate it.

later check transformations and activate whole data flow.

Thanks