cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerbuilder APU DataWindow SQL Verifier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use the DataWindow SQL Verifier from the Advanced Powerbuilder Utilities. We use Powerbuilder 12.6, so I have migrated the APU to PB 12.6.

I can start the DW SQL Verifier but when I want to check the DWs there is a problem.

The APU cant open the cporc110.dll, but the cporc110.dll is in the program directory.

I have checked the dependencys of the cporc110.dll with the dependency walker, i need the following dlls:

- OLEPRO32.DLL

- API-MS-WIN-APPMODEL-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL

- API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL

- API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL

- API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL

- API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL

- API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-1.DLL

- DCOMP.DLL

I already put the PB 10.5 runtime into the APU program directory.

Is there anyone who use the APU DW Verifier with Powerbuilder 12.6 on a Windows 7 PC?

Or are there any other tools to check the DW SQL?

I also tried the DW SQL Verifier from the PBL Peeper Tool. I can start it but the PBL Peeper tool does not detect the broken SQLs.

Regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd uploaded the source code (as of PowerBuilder 11) for the utility to CodeXchange under Sybase but it didn't get copied over to the one that SAP is currently hosting.  I've contacted them to get it added.  Until then, you can grab it off my Google Drive if you don't already have it.

Part of migration it to a newer version of PowerBuilder is updating it to work with the version of ORCA for the new version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the functions in CPORC***.DLL are now in PBDEV***.DLL. Just change the external function declarations.

former_member1333806
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah, as far as the PBL Peeper Verify DW SQL went, it depended on being able to do a DESCRIBE, which got broken in PB at one point (v11.0, I think). I never built a fix into that report.

However, another method in PP to get your SQL checked is to use the Synchronize DataWindow Data Sets processor (Process / Other / Synchronize....). It dumps out a bunch of exports that you'll probably never use (or will you... if you've ever changed a column size and didn't change the DW...), but part of it's process is building and executing SQL, and reporting errors found. No guarantees, but it may do the job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

can you fix that report in the next Version?

Regrads

Tom

former_member1333806
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Frankly, if there's another way to do it, there's other things I'd rather be doing. No promises. Sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom;

FWIW: These utilities were being maintained by PowerSoft for each PB release. When Sybase took over, they slowly let these utility applications stagnate until I think what we are seeing now is a total non-usable system based on the PB 12.6 architecture (which I suspect that cporc110.dll falls into).

I would open a case with SAP technical support on this one. However, since Appeon is taking over PB soon from SAP - maybe you should also start petitioning them as well to bring these utilities "up-to-par" for the next PB release.

In the mean time, have you thought of using Visual Expert for this?

Regards ... Chris

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

As you know, Advanced PowerBuilder utilities have been removed from a very long time (I think the last one has been migrated to V 11.x).

They are normally tied to the PowerBuilder release on which they appear, no more no less.

So I doubt that opening a case with SAP techsupp will help, just by explaining that EOLed companion products are not supposed to work with latest versions of PowerBuilder

In Tom's case, I guess the culprit is with the version of Orca libraries which have hardcoded references to PowerBuilder DLLs, so that is the root cause of the problem.

If Tom has the APU source code, he can probably recompile them in VS with the
right references of the PB 12.6 runtime libraries (I haven't tested that honnestly).

HTH,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, another complete blundering & mismanagement of the PB product by Sybase. 

Maybe Appeon will resurrect them (fingers & toes crossed here) and even DPB too! 

former_member1333806
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What? No love for Netscape plugins? That alone would be worth another $500 per license, don't you think?