Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTARQ framework?

former_member122649
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

My client want to enhance the changes with the help of SAP fiori apps.(My Benefits/Leave Management).

I have installed eclipse Juno and installed, SAP Fiori tooltip, UI5 plug in.

I am going to start using Ver 2 (as per the requirement) and enhance it with the help of Extension point.

Bit confused, Where to start and how to start as i am new to the fiori Development.

Let me know the start and step by step guidelines.

thanks,

Veera P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

There are variety of blogs on this usecase (extension of fiori apps) which gives step by step implementation.

If its standard fiori app extension : WebIDE is for sure the recommended approach (saves time) using extension pane.

Check here :

Regards,
Tejas

former_member122649
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thanks for the inputs. I was told to develop using SAP fiori Tool-tip under Eclipse Juno.

I am extending the My Leave apps standard. (HCM_IRQ_CRE). After extending it i am doing the modification on the extended apps. (creating a Extension project)

My requirement is like:

we are getting the data from the back end HR system. (PA30).

It should display in the front end.

so do i need to modify anything from the ABAP side ? or How can bring the ECC to the UI5 screen?

Also, I need to check the Start date, End Date Comparison. How to proceed.

If any code snippets available let me know, so that i can use it directly.

Experts.. Looking for your reply.

VeeraP,

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veera;

Could you please elaborate what you are trying to modify.

All the data which is shown in fiori application leave request is already fetched from backend (PA30). Do you want to fetch some extra data.

Also, I guess comparison is already in place for start date and end date. What you want to do with the comparison.

regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Every standard fiori app has OData service, which has backend code written in order to get data from the backend.

For My leave request :HCM_LEAVE_REQ_CREATE_SRV

FInd out the package name by clicking on 'Service Implementation' on transaction : /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE -> Select above service name.

Get the package name/ DPC class/ MPC) and enhance accordingly as per your requirement.

You can also see if you have the project for this in service builder (SEGW)  and enhance. Once enhanced, generate the project again. Run the metadata, you should now see the extension part as well. Consume the same in your UI code.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member122649
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

UI5 service : hcm_lrq_cre

Odata Service: ZHCM_LEAVE_REQ_CREATE_SRV

We are using this service to proceed on my Leave request , Standard apps to customisation. (using extenstion point).

We used Eclipse and used : hcm_lrq_cre as the standard package.

then i have created a Extension projection using SAP Tool Kit >> New Extension project (in Eclipse IDE).

Then i have create a replacement view s1Customisation.view.xml and s1Customisation.controller.js.

Now i want to implement a dropdown above the start date and end date. (Full day , Part day- start and Part day-end). 3 drop down.

And it has some condition in the controller.

So how can we implement this using : ????

<sap.ui.core:ExtensionPoint name="extS1Field"></sap.ui.core:ExtensionPoint>

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to write the logic in service also, before proceeding to UI5. Check if it can be achieved without GW code enhancement.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member122649
Participant
0 Kudos

Tejas,

I am using the Web Ide to proceed the developments. But my customer have the stardard apps (less changes already done in the standard itself under : hcm_lrq_cre).

so i cannot extend Custom and Extend in sapfioritrial.com

I want to Export it to the sapweb ide and use the customer provided package then i want to create a extension point by extending the application.

Then i will create a modify view to change the view.

My understanding : Can i export the customer's provided standard app as export . If so , I am not able to create a extension project.?

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI veera;

As per the link

You should use webide for extending the fiori applications.

However, for extension by using eclipse juno.

You can refer to the following blogs.

regards,

Sarbjeet Singh