cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery related intercompany billing with customer order related billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please help answering the following question?

Our sales organizations and delivery plant are belonging to different company codes and all intercompany billing settings are done and working fine for the delivery releated billing scenarios. So customer and intercompany billing are delivery related.

We are however forseen a change and therefore the question:

Is it possible to keep doing the intercompany billing based on the delivery even if we set the item categories to order related billing?

We would like to introduce customer order related billing. But we would like to keep doing intercompany billing using the delivery document, so delivery related intercompany billing. I know that that is how intercompany billing normally works but I'm wondering what is going to happen when we change the item categories to order related billing. Would it affect only the customer billing? or also the intercompany billing?

Thanks a lot!

BR,

J.A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello JA,

I wanna devide your issue and analyse it.

As per my understand you want to now what happen if we change the item category with delivery related to Order related.

As much as I understand it should reflect to boh Billing ..Custeomer Billing and Inter comapny Billing beacuse billing releveance is picked from Item category and if we changed the item categry with delivery related to order related it should impact both biling.

IF you want to after changing item cageory (from delivery related billing to order related billing) system should only allow to created Customer invoice with reference to Order BUT inter company invoice shold create after delivery .... I believe we can achieve it through two ways either we develop new Billing relevance and assign to relevant item categories this is bit complicated because using this we have to resticeted to respective item cateories ... the other way wa can set copy control accordingly... It believe copy control shoul be the correct way.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which of all possible billing relevances you refer to - order-related billing has many variations.

In one of my previous projects we used mainly order-related billing of delivery quantity in the standard OTC business process and it worked quite well. We had some developments such as a VOFM routine to disallow billing of order item without a delivery and GI (similar to the cash sales routine), but they were implemented not because of intercompany processes.

What is the problem that you are trying to solve by switching to order-related billing process?

Do you need also to execute intercompany billing before billing the end customer with collective processing? If you use suchs approach I would suggest to test very well the effect of the user exit before deploying the changes to the productive system.