cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Number automatic generation

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

One of my new client manages his items by batch number.

He is asking if the generation of the batch number can be automatic, in a way that the end-user don't have to write in the batch number field manually.
For him, he is suggesting that the good receipt number should be automatically assigned as batch number when we are receiving goods.

Kindly advice if this is possible or not, so that I can also explain to the client.

Best regards

Cedric K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cedric

Check the below link it may helps you

With Regards

Balaji Sampath

0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I tried the query, but i'm getting an error which i can't explain. And to be honest i'm not good in queries. Please find the attached the screenshot of the error.

Best regards

Cedric K

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cedric

FMS Query not give the result in Query Generator.  Try the below way

1.  Save the Query First

2.  Go to Batch No Field.  Press Alt+Shft+ F2  then choose the Last Option

3.  Open the Saved Query set auto Refresh.

With Regards

Balaji Sampath

0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You are right, and I did this it works for one transaction, but for the second one, it didn't work.

And the second thing i was expecting was to not be able to edit that field manually, I don't know if this is doable.

Best regards

Cedric K

MD1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very useful

Thanks Dear

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

By any chance, is there someone who was able to do this?

Best Regards

Cedric K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cedric,

Try below query.

This query will be based on Ware house and Itemcode.

Select Max(BatchNum) from IBT1 where whsCode = $[SBDR.Whsecode] and ItemCode = $[SBDR.ItemCode]

Thanks,

Harshal Makwana

0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Please find the attached, the error i'm getting when i'm running the quer.

Best Regards

Cedric K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cedric,

You dont have to execute this query. Just save this query and assigned to Batch No. field. This is called Formatted search. It will give you next batch no. according to Item No. and warehouse.

Thanks,

Harshal Makwana

0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Thanks for the helpful answer, but this is issue which occurs now; if I execute the formatted search, it puts the previous batch number i used, and that will be the same batch number which is going to be used for all future transactions for the specified item and specified warehouse.

I'm actually expecting this to be cumulative number on the company level. Every time an item managed by batch number is received in the stock, let the batch number be the next number, regardless the item or the warehouse.

Best regards

Cedric K