cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly the differnce between Adobe Interactive and Print Form in technical point of view.

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Could anybody help me out to find out what exactly the technical difference between the Adobe interactive and print forms.

Suppose I have interactive offline forms I want to convert it to normal adobe form(static/print etc). what should I do technically . As iI have compared both interactive form as well as print form the Layout type is same i.e. ZCI Layout. the report FP_AUDIT_TEST_EXT should not fetch the form as interactive form.Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Suman Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a developer there are a few differences. For example some fields (like the text field) are interactive and allow the user to enter or modify data and some events only fire for interactive PDF forms.

For the runtime, the major difference is that for an interactive PDF the PDF is a shell that contains all the information like the template or data. For print output there are two options either a flat PDF (doesn't contain template, etc) or the PDL for the supported various printers.

For example, when you create a print program there is a parameter that tells ADS that the PDF output should be an interactive PDF:

gs_docparams-fillable = abap_true.

You can render the same template & data with this parameter set to true and false and get an interactive PDF and a flat print PDF.

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Juergen for your reply, But my doubt is when we run the SAP provided report i.e. FP_AUDIT_TEST_EXT in production system fetching all the interactive forms being used currently. My question is on which condition the report is fetching the Interactive forms in the production server. I have debugged the given program but I couldn't get any desired result.

Could you please help me out regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Suman Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

The report reaches out to ADS to get this information. ADS collects this information based on the parameter provided with rendering requests. This information is not in the template.

Best,

Juergen

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you response Juergen Hauser,

That report is fetching a already being used interactive form name (offline form). For the sake of testing we have changed the fillable = space and again transported the interactive form to production system, But the standard program still fetches , I am not able to reach the resolution on what basis the form name is being fetched , please help me out.

Thanks,

Suman Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is still in the report because it was previously rendered as an interactive form. And this is the expected behavior. All form templates that were rendered at some point in time as interactive will show up. That report shows the history and not the last render operation or so.

Juergen

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for clarifying my doubt.

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen Hauser, I have one more question, could you please help me out where exactly the interactive form(already used in point of time) getting stored in ADS? how to find that.

Thank,

Suman Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

When I read your question before I was already wondering what you are trying to achieve. Sometimes you get better answers when you tell people that. Your original question is already answered and yet you keep the state as "not answered"

What do you want to do with this information? Accessing this information or knowing where it is stored has no impact on how the product functions or is being used. We intentionally do not want customers to access or manipulate this information (besides what the mentioned report provides).

This doesn't answer your latest question but I'm interested in learning what you are trying to achieve.

Best,

Juergen

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

We were analysing the licensing data for adobe interactive forms, That's the reason we are curious about understanding the fetching condition being used by SAP.

Thanks a lot for your support. Answered.closing this thread.

Regards,

Suman Kumar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Any luck?

suman_kumar16
Participant
0 Kudos

Anybody can help me out egarding this issue please?