cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scramble personal id

0 Kudos

Hi , i need to scramble personal information, but i can not just randomize the values as i need a unique identifier, could you please advice how i create a unique value which is not random?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Can you give US a sample of want you want to achieve?

Besides,

You're looking at a solution at query or report side?

Regards,

Rogerio

0 Kudos

Hi Rogerio, i need a solution to at report side.

This is a an constructed example of a value, but the structure is the same.

020578-6995

The first 6 values indicate the day of birth, i need to scramble the value while retaining its unique identifier-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, converting the field to text in the report is possible, like FormatNumber([your field]; "000000-0000")?

If so try substituto each number carácter by a letter, " 0" by "a", " 1" by "b" and só on.

Tô do só, use Replace(Replace...(Replace ([your field];"1"; "a")...;"8";" h");" 9"; "g")

The ... Are meant to representa vários ocurrence of the Replace functional.

You'll have 10 nestes Replace.

Regards,

Rogerio

0 Kudos

Dear Roger, i have some issues with the Nested formula could you help?

=Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace;[CPR-nr];"1";"");[CPR-nr];"2";"u");[CPR-nr];"3";"1");[CPR-nr];"4";"a");[CPR-nr];"5";"1");[CPR-nr];"6";"p");[CPR-nr];"7";"k");[CPR-nr];"8";".");[CPR-nr];"9";"*");[CPR-nr];"0";"v")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

this is the formula proposed.

rEPLACE(rEPLACE(Replace(rEPLACE(rEPLACE(Replace(Replace([var];"0";"a");"1";"b");"2";"c");"3";"d");"4";"e");"5";"f");"6";"g");"7";"h");"8";"i");"9";"k")

I can see , by your response that you replacing the "1"s by "3"s.

Avoid substituting a number by another because the formula is evaluated from inside out so, will replace the "3" by "1" first and then the "1" by ";" so you won´t be able to "reconstruct" the actual number.

Regards,

Rogerio

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, it worked perfecty

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

What's the reason? You're ultimately just replacing one ID with another aren't you?

If you just want to obfuscate it, use an Alerter to display hashes instead of digits - the underlying data is unchanged then.

0 Kudos

I need to export the dataset so the recievers can sum up the number of unique costumers, but without giving away vital and confidential personal information which lies in the CPR value.

I can not sum up the unique id's when hashes are displayed.

Answers (0)