cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referbishment Order Questions Implementation

0 Kudos

I have to implement and customize the Refurbishment Order in the system, to do so, I have a few question, since all the data is already in the system:

1 – Equipment -> once all the equipments are already in the system, what do I have to do?

• - Create a material and serial number for each equipment? If so, how do I do it?

• - Do I have to erase all the equipements, and instead of have equipments, I I’ll have material * serial number?

2 – Do I have to do any special customize?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subba,

Refurbishment process can be done with / without serial number. But you need to have a material.

Ex : If you have created Pump as Equipment, then eventually to handle Refurbishment you need to have Pump has a Material.

All Equipment's does not require material, you need to decide the number of Equipment need to undergo with this process. Also you need to discuss with MM consultant for Valuation types Like new / refurbished / scrapped

IQ01 transaction can be used to create Material + Serial number - Equipment.

Configuration :

1. Configure Order Types - PM04

2. Indicate Order Types for Refurbishment Processing

3. New Settlement Profile

Additionally go through the process available in SAP

Refurbishment in Plant Maintenance - Process Flow Hierarchy - SAP Library

Processing Material Refurbishment Without Serial Numbers - Plant Maintenance (PM) - SAP Library

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thank you for replying!

I just have a few more questions or doubts..

So, just to understand, I can associate a material number + serial number, to an equipment that already exist in system? If so, do I do it throw IQ01?

Can I use a unique number material for a group of equipments, or each equipment have to have a unique material number?

Regards

Subba

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subba,

You can have multiple Equipments identified by single Material number BUT with different Serial numbers. Means the combination of Material and Serial number is unique. This is identified by one Equipment number which unique.

Secondly you can assign Serial number to the Equipment through IE02. Menu: Edit > View Selection

Tick the Serial numbers as shown above.

Then a Tab SerData will be added. Here you will give the Material number and Serial number.

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Thank you both for yours quick answers, it was very helpful!

Regards,

Subba