cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tom Cat Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The tomcat server gets shuts down most frequently . Sometimes i am in Middle of application it gives me a message "The page cannot be displayed " . I have to Soft restart the device evrytime.

What could be the root cause for this?

Helpul Answers would be rewarded...

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi neha,

it could either the application had an exception during the page processing and

the error wasn't just shown; or your device had a resource problem like outofmemory

exception. what's your platform btw?

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

we are using java 1.1.8, Windows mobile 2003 .

The Splevel is Sp18 ..

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

In the PDA, there would be a file named jscpout.txt(This file is located in the root folder of PDA). Can you please paste the contents of this file at the time the error occured. As Jo mentioned if there are some memory issues or some other exceptions, we can identify the same from this file.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

Thanks a Lott . Will surely send u the file. when i get the error again..

Can u please tell me how can we identify that we have memory exceptions

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

In this text file will contain an entry like OutOfMemory or jsMallocFailed... If this is the case, then copy the MobileEngine.lnk or MIServer.lnk file present in \Windows\Startup folder onto your desktop and select the file, right click and choose the option Send To ->Notepad. Now add the -ml parameter with an argument like 640000 depending on the memory available on PDA. This parameter will increase the memory limit. The contents of this file will now be <i><b>255#"\Windows\CrEme\bin\CrEme.exe" -ml 64000 -Of -cf MI\creme_listOfJars.txt com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup -home:/MI</b></i>. Copy this file back to \Windows\Startup and delete the old one and restart the PDA.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

what does this -Ml 640000 signfies?

Thanks and Regards

Neha kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

-ml is an command line argument for the Creme JVM which stands for Memory Limit (ml) The parameter passed to this argument indicated the amount of memory that would be allocated for this particular process. In this case 64MB(64000B) will be allocated for JVM. You can use any value and not just 64MB. But please make sure that your PDA has more memory than value specified here.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

Yesterday i got out of memory error when i clicked MAU .. I just added -ml 640000 to the mobileengine.lnk file.

But after that whenever i Click on MAU, get status bar(Parsing orders) with %. Never opens MAU, crashes and returns user to the start menu. I have to restart

the device and everything works fine

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

This could be because there is insufficient memory allocated to other processes on your device. What is the max memory on your device. Is it 128MB or ... Based on the amount of memory available, instead of using 64MB for MI, you can reduce it to say 50MB. This could do the trick.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

Ya it is 128MB..

When i get Out of memory error i alway check the memory but it looks fine....

What is the actual cause of out of memory ? I have never faced this problem earlier but nowadays it is very common ... We deploy new application every day Can this be bcoz of the size of application..

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Could be apart from Out of Memory there is some other problem as well. Can you please paste the contents of jscpout.txt file at the time the MAU application fails to launch?

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

I added the -ml 38912 parameter to one of the device .

The device was working fine for 3 weeks even though i was deploying new application to it.But today when i deployed new version to it. It gave me error 500 while working on one order.

The storage memory allocated was nil.. But 3 weeks earlier it was 33.4 .

What can be the cause?

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Storage memory was low because Temporary Internet files were using 20 MB (Windows>Profiles>guest)..

This allocation size for this Temporary Internet Files increases on its own ,

Is there any way we can set it to some size?

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Answers (0)