cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Implementation Project Structure from Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding the structure update for Solar01/02.

We use a template project for the generation of our implementation projects.

Now we updated the template structure (and content) due to some new requests. How can I update the structure in the already generated implementation projects? I am able to use the 'Compare project' functionality to update contents etc., but that is only working for the already existing structure. The new structure from the template is not flagged or displayed.

Let me show you the problem a little bit more detailed.

The template project was for example updated with the process 14:

Within the already generated and used implementation project this process was not yet available. Now we want to update the implementation project with the new processes.

When I open the implementation project in solar_project_admin I expected to find the new processes in the scope tab. But it is not displayed there and thus cannot be used:

Question: What do I need to do, to update the implementation project structure with the new processes from the template? And where can it be done?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jürgen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Basically you need to run a transaction SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE to make the changes in your implementation project from template project.

Compare and Adjust in Push Mode - Working with Projects - SAP Library

also check below

Compare and Adjust Structure Contents by Lifecycle Phase - Working with Projects - SAP Library

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Thank you for your fast answer. Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. After having implemented a missing BAdI I ran the mentioned transaction but no changes had been done in the implementation project.

I just saw, that (when opening the template project in solar01) not all scenarios are linked to a Template:

Might that be the problem? And if yes, what do I need to do to add all new entries to the corresponding template (here /WSMO/WS12GO)?

Thanks again for your help and best regards,

Jürgen

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Yes this is the problem

In each template project ..you create templates which containes these processes so basically press F4 in each new business process and assign the template(same or new) as per relevance in solar01 of template project

then run the transaction or job as I have mentioned earlier

in solar01 of implementation project you can see the flag but it won't add the changes automatically you need to click Compare and adjust tab for Processes to add new ones

Template Projects - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

let me know if this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also check below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakhar,

that was the perfect nudge in the right direction!

I had a look at this earlier but couldn't add the template because it was set to 'public' at this moment.

Now I can do the necessary.

Thank you so much for your help!

Best regards,

Jürgen

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

always welcome and all the best for further config.

Cheers

Answers (0)