cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Active Active & HA without Hardware Clustering?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently working for a client who has some stringent HA requirements for up and coming releases. In a nutshell they are; fully resilient, instant mean time to repair, on Active Active, And we need some help in understanding what can be done within the constraints of their available infrastructure services.

The client is using Oracle Data Guard + other measures to provide HA throughout the stack and would like to run all SAP component Active Active. However, we understand this is not possible for ASCS/SCS, which are designed to run Active Passive. We also understood ASCS/SCS require hardware clustering for automatic failover. Unfortunately hardware clustering is not something available to the client for various reasons, thus, failover of ASCS/SCS would have to be manual, which is not acceptable.

This point is the crux of my question; is it possible to run a full Active Active including ASCS/SCS? Or can the ASCS/SCS failover being automated without hardware clustering?

The client currently has NW 7.31 ABAP and 7.4 JAVA for different software components and would like HA available on both.

Thanks in advance

Laurie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have picked up the wrong discussion. I believe you should place your questions in SAP NetWeaver Application Server

I would like you to give you some directions. For AS Java High Availability is explained very well in this document:

SAP Systems Based on the Application Server Java on Windows: SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise

Valid for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 and 7.4

In order to get it please follow

http://service.sap.com/instguidesnw ->  SAP NetWeaver 7.3 -> Installation:

SAP Systems Based on the Application Server Java of SAP NetWeaver on Windows

Of course if your OS is other than Windows you will need to navigate in the above accordingly.

Hope this casts some light.

Regards