cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a button trigger an ODATA Update function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i am new to the topics Fiori Apps and ODATA. I have the task to learn how to design a Fiori App. The App should do following:

Show the QM-Notifications of a specific type. Than u should be able to see a detail view of a Notification you selected. Within this detail view there is a Button to confirm the QM-Notification.

So far i was able to get the ODATA Service working. Which means i can select the DATA form the Table QMEL and show it on my Fiori App created with a template.

Now to my question:

How do i trigger the ODATA Update function to confirm the notification with the Button in the Fiori App. The coding in the backend is no problem. i tryed to google and read some documentations but i somhow cannot find how to trigger the update method from the odate collection with a button on the UI.

I would appreciate any guides or tutorials on how to do this.

If there is any other way to get this working i would like to know aswell.

Thank you in advance,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone??

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You can refer to this link https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/sdk/#docs/api/symbols/sap.ui.model.odata.ODataModel.html#update

As shown in the update method signature, you need to pass the required parameters and then call the update() method of the ODataModel object. The sPath parameter represents the path to the data that should be updated, whereas the 2nd oData parameter should contain the request payload - data of the entry that should be updated in the backend system through the OData service.

Regards,

Saurabh