Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart form Footer Section length problem

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI..

In smart form i am facing one problem, First Please have a look on attached image.

In main window i put table it is having  Main area and footer, At footer section it is having some lines all most all 8 lines of rows it need to print.

The problem is that. Once main area table is displayed(row level data) Normally footer data will display. But in my form what is happens is

After main area if the footer is having suitable space(8 lines of space) it is displaying immediately. Other wise it will display total at new page.

you see in the attached image also . in the first page footer section is not displayed but it is displaying at new or next page.

But my requirement is how much of space is available it has to display at first page. remaining lines has to display at next page.

Can any one please tell me how could i do it. In the third image. you can able to see the footer section properties. It is all ready having the

Page protection. But it is printing at new page.  Need your valuable Suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The page protection indicator will take it to the next page if there is not enough space to print all the data.

Try removing the page protection indicator.

Else you can display the entire table ( what you are displaying in Footer ) to be in the Main area instead of Footer section. that should also work.

R

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

The page protection indicator will take it to the next page if there is not enough space to print all the data.

Try removing the page protection indicator.

Else you can display the entire table ( what you are displaying in Footer ) to be in the Main area instead of Footer section. that should also work.

R

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

First option is, I tried But not working.

0 Kudos

Try the second one. Just cut and and paste and move it under "Main Area" instead of "Footer".

R

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I think i need to again crate table line and select line type then cut and paste other wise drag and drop am i correct. Never did this one just checking. I will check it.

0 Kudos

Either way. Drag and Drop or create it separately. It's up to you

0 Kudos

hi, Tried your suggestions. What i did is.

I just cut the folder and moved to main area. But what was happend is

row1 data

footerdata

row2data

footerdata

row3data

footerdata.

but What i need is

row1 data

row2 data

row3 data

footerdata.

I hope u understood.

0 Kudos

Did you remove the nodes from Footer?

Since you have moved the printing to Main area . You no longer need the footer anymore.

0 Kudos

Yes, I understood what u are saying. I hope u r thinking the footer line is repeating two times.

bcz old one and new one what i moved from  footer to main .

I remove the footer. Just checked it. It is empty.

0 Kudos

You did not get me. My idea was to move all the printing to Main Area of the Table node instead of Footer.

So example.

1. You are printing Line items in the Main Area of the Table or Loop.

2. Then in the footer you are printing something else which you want continuously. Right?

So I meant do this:

1. print Line items in the Main Area of the Table or Loop.

2. Do the same thing that you are doing in footer in the main area . There is no harm in doing this.

3. Remove footer.

R

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

1)I am printing line item of table.

2)Continuously means  just like

SNOPRICE
Footer1
Footer2
Footer3
Footer4
Footer5
Footer6
Footer7

I Need exactly like above After 4th row it should display.

0 Kudos

Hi,

For above requirement you can display your footer values in main area itself.

The idea is in main area you are printing a table values after table value you should print your footer values.

Note: Don't put the table line in table(Otherwise it will print one table value and on footer value consecutively ), just put the table line after the table in main area.

Regards,

Shadab.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just paste here the main area structure of your smartform for analysis.

Regards,

Shadab.

0 Kudos

oK

0 Kudos

Hi, Rudra Roy.

Thanks for your reply.

I remove the page protection. I adjust the size.

former_member213450
Participant
0 Kudos

Uncheck the check box "Page Protection" for the folder node, then it will print the footer data in first page itself, reaming data will get printed on next page. And also check the "Page break" option for line items in the footer node.

if it is not working,

try to create a new table to display only the footer values immediately after this table.

Regards,

Ramesh