Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is C4C Service Process carried out?

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How is the service process carried out in C4C?

I mean what is the starting and ending point for service process in C4C.  I feel confused due to lack of knowledge, excuse me if my question is silly one.

Service Request, Service Contract, Service Order, Service Confirmation, Complaint/Return etc are the service processes but how are these carried out in C4C?

I am going through the document of work ticket in C4C, unable to gain the knowledge for the above mentioned processes.  What is the C4C scope for handling the above mentioned service scenarios and what are the followup processes are carried out in ERP?

Kindly help me how the different service processes are processed in C4C.

Regards,

Maddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Anshika
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There are two main areas in Cloud for service – Customer Service and Field Service.

The starting point will depend on the customer scenario and requirements.

I’ve tried to provide a brief overview of some of the features in Field Service below. All of these are complex topics and there are many more features. It will be possible to give the details if you explain your scenario/use case.

You can keep a track of what is installed at your customer’s by maintaining the Installed Base/Registered Products. A warranty can be defined and assigned to the registered product. Contract Management is also possible. Coverage can be defined for both of these. Warranty/Contract is determined in a work ticket based on various parameters (for example registered product serial ID) and this will influence the item pricing in work ticket.

SLA (Service Level Agreement) can be defined and rules can be set for SLA determination, based on which key dates are calculated in the work ticket. There are many other determinations that happen in ticket based on various parameters (for example service technician based on organization or work distribution rules, or from the account or installed base)

The advance shipment concept helps the service agent to plan an advance shipment item. The technician can confirm the part and part consumption and part return item are created.

The process is integrated with SAP ECC for pricing and accounting - request external pricing in contract and work ticket, Contract Transfer to ERP, Release ticket to ERP. The follow up processes in ECC are for example Billing request, Consignment Pick-up, MM goods movement.

The Maintenance Plan feature is used for scheduling preventive maintenance based on defined conditions. Resource Scheduler is used to assign demands to technicians. Time confirmations can be added in the work ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anshika,

In case of Part Advance Shipment once the item is released to ECC it creates Consignment Fill up there.

I am confused about next process. I created Delivery and Consignment Issue from Consignment Fill up. Stock has also moved. Now when I do 'Confirm Part' from C4C. Nothing happens.

What are expected actions to happen in ECC at the back of 'Confirm Part' in C4C?

Regards,

Pravin Bayaskar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Kinsbrunner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maddy,

I am attaching you the Service Process.

Hope it helps you!

Regards.

Alejandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alejandro.

Like how we had CR700 for Service and CR300 for Sales in SAP CRM, do we have similar set of documentation for Cloud for Service and Cloud for Sales which we can refer to understand the different C4C concepts in detail.

Kindly advise.

Cheers,
Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tacked to this SCN site is a Cloud for Service blog managed by me and it has a bunch of links to documentation not covered in our standard help. There is a link to the partner Jam community that gives in depth descriptions of the processes for service topics.