Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BODS Designer Automatically Closes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We have a major problem

when I try to open data service designer after giving all the required credentials  it gives a pop up like "RESET USERS" or "CONTINUE"

IF YOU CONTINUE YOU MAY CORRUPT YOUR REPOSITORY!!!

The following users are already logged on:

Administrator (Thu Oct 29 02:39:09 2015) (BODI-1270033)

Nobody was logged in at the time but it showing as RESET USERS.

I have attached the screenshot!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please also check whether your repository is working fine or not ( Try to access your repository tables ), may be your repo got corrupted that's why designer abruptly closes itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

What is your System Configuration ?? Also check any recent installed software in your system and try DS after uninstalling it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also getting the same error.

The thing is I access my DS designer via remote desktop.

When I login to the remote desktop from a different acount I can access my repository and DS.

But when I try inside my remote desktop the DS just closes without any error.

please help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

see if your user profile has any issues on citrix or where you connect designer.

also please check errorlog.ext file in log folder where your designer has been installed.

Regards

Surya

former_member254877
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep-

Try login to this repo through Administrator credentials ( if you are not administrator then check with your team on who has the access ) and exit the repository.

Once he exist you can login through your ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas

Now i am not getting that "reset users" or "Continue" Popup but when i open the designer it automatically closes without any error message

chethan_lingaraju
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep, clean up user list by executing this on repository database.

DELETE FROM AL_USERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lingaraju thanks

I tried that option but still facing the same error.

Regards,

Pradeep.S

chethan_lingaraju
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That was the only last option I could think of. Hope you executed that delete command on the right database.

The user "Administrator" which is being showed as logged-in is your own RDC user.

After closing the designer, wait for few seconds before you logoff from the server so that repository database gets updated. Optionally, you can check task-manger's process tab to ensure al_designer.exe no longer exists and then logoff from RDC.

Worst case, click reset every time you login.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

It is fine to select 'Continue' in this case.

-Megha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Thanks for your reply

If I give continue it closes without any error.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Megha!!

It will not be the end of world if you click continue!!

Make sure that other User ( who  is already logged on ) has saved the work in the repository.

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Reset Users instead of Continue. The former option will clean all temporary internal settings from the previous session.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried both Reset users and Continue the designer automatically closes . Nobody is logged in and everything is perfect.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you already tried what I have posted before?

In worst case, you may have to reboot your machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk I just restarted by system  but still the same error persist  !!

Regards,

Pradeep

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This happens when previous session was abnormally terminated. DS warns you of this fact, that's all. If you're sure nobody's connected anymore, simply select Reset Users and start your session. Not a major problem, you cannot do any harm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk ,

If I click on "RESET USERS" it automatically closes and if i give "CONTINUE" the same happens .

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you running DS Designer on a DS Windows server or on a client machine?

Are there any trailing AL_Designer processes? You can safely kill them on the client and try again. If you're working on a server, make sure nobody else is working before you stop those sessions.

In worst case, you may have to reboot your machine.