cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

One curious question and thanks for the responses.

In MDM we have series of flow of data in workflows were a MDM_USER can change/add a new item or something and then have the record changed/edited by another user(Data Expert) for changing and then a manager for final approval of the changed record.

Here, how will a manager know what was the old value and which field did the data expert chang to the new value in the data manager and seeking for approval, is there a way to find out this.

Appreciate all the responses,

Thanks,Kris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Start Step of the workflow, choose "Check Out Records" = <b>Yes</b>

This means that the records in the current workflow job are all check out.

Now the Approver can right click on the record, and choose <b>Compare with Original</b>.

The original is the version of the record in the database (commited version).

The changes which the participants of the workflow made are available in the Checked out Column of the comparison.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adhappan,

Great and thanks, now if the approver wants to get back the orignal version and not the checked out version then what does he have to choose.

Thanks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I got it, The checkout version is still not changed, then the approver can send it back and it gets rollback .

Thanks again.

Points Marked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response,

Now that I have marked the Start Step as 'Checked Out-Yes' the workflow is not getting triggered at all while I save the data via Portals.(adverse effect). Is this how it behave or I need to make sure something also is set so that the workflow is triggered normally from portals too.

I have selected all the trigger actions.

Answers (0)