Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Material Type validation while MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

My client wants me to develop validation while MIGO. I need to validate the Excise Material type based on Purchase order doc type and Account assignment.

If Purchasing document type is ZXY and Account assignment category is "A" then system should check about the Excise material type in Excise tab.

Please suggest suitable validation or user exit.

Regards,

Pranav

6 REPLIES 6

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Irrespective of the PO document type system defaults the Excise Material type in MIGO Item details under Excise tab based on J1ID settings (Material & Chapter Id Combination).

In Standard, if there is already defaulted Excise Material type and if you change it, system gives you a Warning Message. This is not a Configurable Message.

You may check with ABAP team if you can populate the same message as an Error message using User exit.

For your requirement check User exit J_1I7_USEREXIT_MAT_IND serves your requirement.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Let me narrate the problem which we are facing.

We are creating capital PO without material code and with account assignment as"A". Now during goods receipt, the user has to select "Assets or Raw material" in excise table as no data will be available in J1ID. here end-user is making mistake by selecting raw material, which is leading to incorrect posting of excise entry.

So we worked out logic that the system should check based on PO doc type + account assignment "A" in PO with excise table in MIGO for material type.

Regards,

Pranav

0 Kudos

You can maintain only Plant combination in J1ID for Account assigned procurement. Leave the Material field blank.

Maintain Only Plant and Chapter id Combination.

For Account assigned procurements,system will pick the Chapter ID from J1ID where Material code is blank for the selected Plant.

Check this and let me know if this solves your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

maintain tax code as required  entry for the PO document type  than automatically it will ask while posting GR entry than we can update to the particular material in J1ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say that if PO type is Capital and Account assignment type is 'A' then material type should be 'Asset' only in Excise duty tab.

To validate the same you can search user exit for CIN in function group j1i7 in se37.

Regards

Ajay

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use MIGO BADI-MB_DOCUMENT_BADI