cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Types not found under Planning Area

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor

Hello Experts,

We are on IBP 4.0 Support Pack 2 Patch 1.

In IBP Configuration Web UI - In "Planning Area and Details" tab,  When SAP2 Planning Area is selected, I do NOT find some of the master data types which I expect to see like - Location Product, Resource Location, Resource Location Product etc. However I do see few MDTs shown under it like Component, Customer, Customer Product, Location, Product, Resource etc. My dropdown is set to - "Selected Attributes". Note, I am able to view all those MDTs from IBP Excel Add-in using Manage option when connected to SAP2, not through Config UI in SAP2.

And when I set my dropdown to "Available Attributes", I am able to find those master data types, but surprisingly they do NOT have checkbox marked as selected.

Am I missing anything? Why those MDTs are not shown as Selected? Aren't those part of SAP2 model?

Please help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It is not required to assign all supply planning related master data to planning area. Compound MDTs like resource location, source customer, resource location product etc are implicitly linked to planning area based on their prefix.

Thanks,

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You are right, Location-Product is not marked in planning model SAP2 by default, neither is Resource-Location nor Resource-Location-Product, and that does not change with the different releases. But you do get more available planning models with higher releases

However, that does not mean you are not planning on level Location-Product, there are many key figures on PERPRODLOC in SAP2.

It only means that without adjustments you don't use the attributes assigned to Location-Product, which is the frozen horizon and planning unit

So if you need e.g. the frozen horizon, you either adjust your copy of SAP2 model, or you choose another model, e.g. SAP4

Yours

Irmi