Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hire employee for USA and Canada and include few infotypes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new in HR.

I was assigned to hire a lot of people for USA and Canada, but the required infotypes are just few.

IT0000, 0001, 0002, 0007, 0315 and 0105 only.

What do I need to do to so that when I hire people these are the infotypes that my hiring process will include?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

Create one action type Hiring Lsmw and in this Action type of info types 0000, 0001 & 0002. You can hire n no. of employee's through either lsmw/bdc recordings.

if you do hiring for any employee must and mandatory IT's are 0 1 2 then Employee ID will generate with last name and first name too. after hiring process you can do another lsmw/bdc for remaining info types.

if it is one time hiring then go with LSMW or every time this hiring process has to do then go with BDC program.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Peaneeth I really appreciate it. Do you have any documentation on how to do the LSMW or BDC session? I'll be grateful if you could send it to my email at strongericong@gmail.com

Thank you very much for all the help!

Cheers!

Eric

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AhmedGamal
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know before talking of info types what you do is understand business process thoroughly i.e in general while hiring what kind of information they wanted to capture against to employee then list out them and find out related fields in info types which are delivered by SAP to capture the information. Once you listed out those fields in SAP system add those info types for hiring info group so that while hiring we can capture the right information.

Similarly it is applicable for all other actions as well.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aprat from this we have to consider mandatory info types to execute regular transactions.

Few are required and mandatory info types we have to maintain them and add them in actions info group.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working to upload these employees to use in CATS but it is not really crucial as they only want is to have the CATS working. They want to upload the minimaster.

When I hire there are a lot of infotypes that are created that are not essential (you can skip) what I want to do is to do the hiring for the essential infotypes only so I can do a LSMW recording and upload it in one batch. Is it possible?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Eric,

whatever the infotypes you want to triiger at the time of hiring you will add those in infogroup and apart from above infotypes you can later fill the data after hiring process also from pa30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

THanks for your response. Do you have a step by step on how to proceed with this? I am really new with this.

thank you very much!