cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact analysis In BO 4.1 Webi.we want to know that how many reports has been used the particular table.

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on SAP BO 4.1..I have one query here.

we have 400 webi reports.Now we want to know that how many reports has been used the  particular table.

In the Data base side they are going to change the table.so we want to know how many report has been used that particular table. Manually its bit difficult because we have more than 10 query's for each report

Just we want to know If that table has been used in the report.

1)which query has been used.

2)what is the object name

Could you please tall me any automated way to this.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ramki.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have auditing enabled and configured appropriately, you should be able to query the objects the report uses, but not by table or query (in my experience).

See:

Objects Associated with a Universe

If auditing is configured appropriately and you're recording the query SQL, you could potentially parse this for mention of the table - but in my experience, this approach is extremely resource intensive - plus it won't tell you which query contains the object.

See:

Report Queries

Suggest this is a job for the SDK.

HTH

NMG

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

I have a requirement, which I need to automate -Universe Impact analyer.

We are currently using query builder and notepad ++ as manual activity to do Impact on unverse objects,what are all the steps do I need to follow in order to integrate via Java SDK or .Dot net.

Please let us know.

Many Thanks

Naveen

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies, I cannot assist with your request (Java / SDK). You may want to repost in an alternative forum (SDK) for greater visibility?

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes,I do Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no automated way by which you can get the details.

The least you have to do below:

Option One:

1) Since it is only one Universe, just Right click on the Table which is going to change and see "Show Associated Objects". This will show all the objects created on top of that Table.

2) Then the extensive step. You need to check into each report with those objects.

Option Two:

1) Though it is not recommended, if you have any Sandbox Server you can just move those reports to sandbox with dependencies (this will take universe and connection).

2) Delete the table from universe. This will have issue in reports.

3) Schedule those reports with "Run Now" from CMC. Obliviously reports with Objects used in Query will fail.

4) From Instance Manager you can get details of those Reports.

Regards,

Sushil Padhye

former_member183161
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ramki,

just list out all the universes built on the table by using Query builder tool.

just follow the url to understand it

beside this if you know the universe name of that particular table ,you can simply go in to the CMC--->Universes---->choose the related universe and use option Tools--->check relationship.

regards,

thrinad.

0 Kudos

Hi Donga

Good day...:)

Here we have only one universe...

exactly what we want is , list out the reports where the is involved ...

Thank you.

former_member183161
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ramki,

if you go in to the check relationship option on that particular universe , you will get all the report details where the universe has been used.

regards,

thrinad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Query Panel,u can see which Query has been used and which objects and all..

0 Kudos

Its bit difficult to check manually.we have 400 reports
then we are looking for automated way...:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyways your not going to use 400 reports at once in a time..

whether its a requirement to look up for automated ?

0 Kudos

Yes.we have to check All 400 reports...whether the report used that table or not.If used what is the object....like that we have to list out.