Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External ID missing in outbound BP replication message

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In the BP replication out message , External ID is missing. Strange enough I see the external ID as soon as the customer is created. Thus the BP number ranges in Business Configuration and External Number ranges are correctly mainatined.

In our landscape , we have two on-premise ECC systems for which I have created communication systems. We also enabled on-premise CRM  integration to enable Marleting Attriibutes interface. Integration is through HCI.

As shown below, I have only one communication system active. I do multicast  in HCI to pass this message to both on-premise ECC systems and also do not replicate BP to On-premise CRM.

Thus one communication agreement for BP out. However, I don't see the external ID in the webservice.

I know that there is an option for ID mapping for Integration. My question is shouldn't it happen automatically that external number is created and passed to the outbound message from C4C.

Regards,

Amber Badam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amber,

Hope I understood your query, you can see the External ID created but do not see it in the Payload? According to my understanding, External ID should be coming up from your communicating system, in your case maybe ECC through the Replication Confirmation Web Service.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Thanks for your response.

your question : Hope I understood your query, you can see the External ID created but do not see it in the Payload?   ==> True.  I don't see the external ID in the payload.

Then, how would Replication confirmation from ECC relate to the internal ID of C4C ? i.e. since, I only have C4C Number in the message to ECC. Is this C4C number stored in ECC somewhere ?

Regards,

Amber

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amber,

Once the replication Web Service creates the Account in ECC, the confirmation message populates the Account ID from ECC into the Confirmation message and send it to C4C. I don't think it is stored anywhere in ECC.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Isn't the BP replication out message from C4C is fire and Forget  i.e. asynchronous with IDOCs ?? How do I see the confirmation message in C4C ??

Regards,

Amber Badam

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amber,

You should be able to see the Confirmation message in Web Service Message Monitoring.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Thanks for your response and sharing your suggestions. Could you assist me on the following questions:

Case 1. C4C ==> HCI ==> ECC ( internal Number assignment for Customers). In this scenario, I have deactivated the communication or blocked the flow to ECC. However, when a Customer is Created in C4C, in the error response message as you suggested, I see an External ID.  So, does C4C irrespective of looking at whether the ECC has internal or External number, it assigns an External number ID ??

Case 2.   C4C ==> HCI ==> ECC 1 and ECC2 . I have created two communication systems and respective Communication arrangements for Both ECC systems. I also have configured different endpoints for both ECC systems in the Communication arrangements. However, when a Customer is created in C4C, it only generates one BPReplicationOut message to ECC1.  I'm using the standard scenario to replicate C4C BP to ERP. Could you suggest why is the second one not generated ??

appreciate your response.

Regards,

Amber Badam

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Any suggestions where should i look for ??