cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find error logs for a failed SAP HANA One upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find error logs for a failed SAP HANA One upgrade? 

I tried to upgrade SAP HANA One Rev 70.0 to version 85 using the SAP HANA One Management Console's Addons tab and it failed with the following error message about transport: transport is failed; tar -xzvf failed

I clicked Retry Uninstall and again, same failure message.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated!  I'm unsure of what the real problem is that is causing the upgrade to fail and would like to review log files to troubleshoot further.  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wei-Chin,

When you start the instance of 60GB memory, the /backup has about 200GB diskspace.

The above is an indication that for some reason, the media cannot expand.

Please check on the disk at OS Level.

HANA Administrative and DB Maintenance help free up unwanted resources.

There is very valuable information about HANA DB Administration ,  Operations and Manuals at help.sap.com

Any Backups taken with Studio can be downloaded on local media before clearing on the server which will give release disk space used for storing backups.

thanks,

dhruman

HANA ONE Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please move the message to HANA One forum? But I will try to still answer it here.

This looks like very old AMI based instance. We may not support it anymore.

Please take a HANA backup and start a new instance from AWS marketplace. Then restore it there. There is also a blog how to do that.

The images Rev 70 and below have OS level support issues and security problems too.

We just can not support it anymore.

Thanks

HANA One team

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a SAP newbie.  Can you help me by pasting in the blog link you're referring to on how to perform a HANA backup and launching a new EC2 instance from that backup?  Many Thanks!