Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First line of work order long text is getting truncated

ggunturu
Participant
0 Kudos

We are on Work Manager 6.2

When we do the initial transmit, when the work orders are loading on the device, work manager updates the system status of the work order to 'MOBI'.

At this time, We noticed that the first line of work order long text is getting truncated to only 40 chars. It is losing text.

In method /SMERP/CL_PM_WORKORDER_DO->UPDATE_WO_MOBILE_STATUS, I see that it is replacing the first line of the work order long text with the "Short Description" (CAUFVD-KTEXT) which is only 40 chars, But the first line of the long text is more than 40 chars and we are losing some text.

I looked for SAP notes but could not find anything. Anybody else had the same issue?

Am i missing something or there is something wrong with the sap code?

Before the transmit

After the Transmit

Thanks,

Gopi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should create a SAP incident for that one. Everything points to a bug if the only action executed is the fetch.

Before, check if your back end system has the latest SP for SMERP component and that there are no new OSS notes fixing this issue still not included in any Service Pack. I remember similar issue but not exactly the same was fixed with some patch.