cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data flow received a bad system message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help me with this, I got this error message.

what does it mean ?

Data flow received a bad system message. Message text from the child process is

< ̄ ==========================================================

Collect the following and send to Customer Support:

1. Log files(error_*, monitor_*, trace_*) associated with this failed job.

2. Exported ATL file of this failed job.

3. DDL statements of tables referenced in this failed job.

4. Data to populate the tables referenced in the failed job. If not possible, get the last few rows (or sample of them) when

the job failed.

5. Core dump, if any, generated from this failed job.

==========================================================>. The process executing data flow has

died abnormally. For NT, check errorlog.txt. For HPUX, check stack_trace.txt. Also, notify Technical Support.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're not the only one. A quick search here on bad system message would have revealed a very recent post as first hit. You can read my answers there.