Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication port 2480 not available after SMP 2.3.6 start

Ralf_Berhorst
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a Problem with a SMP Installation. First we detect, after logon into the SCC, the Administration tree will not open. Until now, the SMP was working without any Problem.

We restart the SMP and hope to fix the SCC issue.

After restart, the SCC issue still exist. Futhermore, the repliaction port 2480 is not available. The SMP Startup was without an error message. But the port is missing.

Which process (programm) handle the replication port - in our case 2480. I tought it is the mlsrv16.exe process - see attached file

Has anybody an idea, what happen?

Best regards
Ralf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ralf_Berhorst
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

we had a memory overbooking on the database server cluster.

We stop and start the Sybase database and correct the memory settinigs again. Than we restart the application server. Now the application is running as expected.

We have a couple of mssql database on the same database Cluster running together with one Sybase instance. For each instance all MSSQL as well as Sybase, we restricted the Memory usage. We restrict the usage with the Installation with 2.3.4 a couple of month ago. In August, we installed/update the 2.3.6. The update replaces the individual parameter we had, with the defaults (e.g.50% of physical).

It looks like, this was the reason for the SCC issue and the port 2480 Problem.

Thank you for your help

Ralf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf,

Thanks for the update.

I am glad that you have resolved the issue.

Cheers,

Senthil

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Correct, 2480 and 2481 are the default ports for Mobilink (mlsrv16.exe process).  Check the mlsrv_err.log in the C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs directory for errors.  If there is a port bind issue, use the command "netstat -ao | findstr 2480" to find out which PID holds the port (if any) as I have seen where another piece of software was holding the port.  You can cross reference that PID with the processes in Windows Task Manager.

This maybe much more difficult than can be handled in SCN though and you may need to open an incident.  Try the above first though.

Regards,

Kevin

Ralf_Berhorst
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the quick Feedback.

I checked the logs (mlsrv and the servers-..) already and did not found any error. And Netstat did not Show that the port in in use.

I open a incident already.

I have just compare the mlsrv_err.log file with another running server to see different entries.

The log end before the following line:

I. 2010-10-26 11:11:11. <main> Loaded JAVA start class:"com.sybase.djc.mobilink.StartServer"

Regards
Ralf