cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy Crystal Reports 2013 SP4 silently

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to deploy it over here. I got the response file created. But the issue is that Crystal Reports setup tries to switch on the .net Framework 3.5 Feature on the target server. Our target servers are Windows 2012 machines and they already got .net Framework 4.5 in them..

So even if i try for a silent installation, there's an error message towards the end of the installation that it failed to turn on the .net framework 3.5 feature on the machine.

I got the command for it. But there's an error message towards the end that I'm unable to suppress.

the command I'm using is "setup.exe -r response.ini -q"

I tried to search for some installation or deployment guide online but in vain

The exact error message is as follows:

The following Feature couldn't be installed:

.Net Framework 3.5(includes .net 2.0 and 3.0)

Windows Server roles and features cannot be automatically installed or uninstalled via the Windows Features Control Panel

To install windows Server roles and features, start Server Manager or use the Server Manager cmdlets.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Promodh,

When you installed to create the script did it not show you the 3.5 framework was missing?

Our installer will not install that feature since it's core components to the OS, you need to make sure it is installed first.

We've let the Product owner know our prerequisite check needs to look for that component.

Thanks

Don

0 Kudos

R&D Confirmed this was an issue. upgrade to SP 6 and you won't have a problem...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

With the machine being a Windows 2012 machine, .net Framework 4.5 is already installed in the machine. And it's not allowing .net Framework to be installed separately as well.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to contact sales for SP 6 full build.

NA: 866-681-3435 or 1-800-677-7271

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The .NET 3.5 framework is a requirement for running Crystal - even though you have 4.5 installed, you still need 3.5 for a successful Crystal install.  The only thing I can think of would be to make sure .NET 3.5 is installed on the server prior to running your Crystal install.

-Dell