cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in ABAP Dataflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am getting error while the job. it has the following, the job will extract data from VBAK table.

Please help..

Regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use RFC data transfer option in SAP datastore definition to avoid file sharing problems (and at the same time improving job performance!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the reply,

But i have 4.0 version.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Upgrade to 4.2 .

No seriously, if you don't have that option, you must make sute that the shared folder and files are accessible by both DS and SAP instances.

If both servers are on different OS platforms, you'll have to use ftp, or any other transfer program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the reply, you must make sute that the shared folder and files are accessible by both DS and SAP instances.

How to make sure that the Shared folder and files are accessible. I am new to BODS, Pls help.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's not at all a DS issue. You'll have to grant access at OS level. Make sure the ECC user can write into the shared folder, the DS user needs read access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much sir.

Will try and let you know.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

It seems that your SAP Application Server is hosted on unix platform.

Make sure you have proper permissions on the folder level for the user account which is running the job

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I heard from one of my collegue that the ABAP program output file should start with Z or Y.

I have started the abap with the prefix Z or Y. But still i am getting the same issue. Below the screenshot attached.

In the above Data transfer setting i have given Generated ABAP program name as ZW_ABAP_OUTPUT.

But when i checked the job log in ECC, it is getting failed because of invalid path as //ravana/\ZW_ABAP_OUTPUT.

I don't know why the path is changing to //ravana/\ZW_ABAP_OUTPUT Instead it's suppose to //ravana/ZW_ABAP_OUTPUT.

Team pls help.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team pls help..

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Make sure that the "Working directory on SAP server" defined in the datastore does not end with "/" or "\". Also make sure the file name specified in the ABAP dataflow DataTransport object does not start with "\" or "/".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clint,

Still getting the same issue...

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team, Please help..

Regards,