cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scarping Material with Original Moving Average Price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We like to scrap the material which we received from a Vendor..

Scenario is suppose you receive 100 from vendor and 5 are bad..We like to scrap these 5 material but we like to reduce the inventory at the same moving average price at which price they were received from vendor .Another thing is that possible to update the original PO history with the scrap document so we have the link with the original PO ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to open the field for external amount and need to enter this original amount when you scrap, this will result in a moving average price change for the remaining material, and is not liked by auditors either. Usually the warehouse people who perform the scrapping do not know what the price was and have often not even the authorization to obtain this info.

You actually scrap neutral warehouse stock, hence you can't have that in your purchase order history.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Use tcode MB0a and use movement type 502,  at the same time mention PO number also,

It will reduce inventory same price and at the same time it will not debit vendor.

saikat

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tested your solution ? 502 movement type is clearly says that Receipt w/o purchase order into unr.-use stock - reversal.
Then how it will take any data (like price) from purchase order ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For picking price in 502 movement ,I have mentioned to use tcode MB0A not MIGO becasue in MB0A you have the option to mention PO for picking price.it will credit inv acc(BSX) and debit consumption acc(GBB).

saikat

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't matter about transaction key (accounting entry). What will be the valuation ? Will it take purchase order's value ?

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MB0A is an absolute tranasation,

the option is to do any good movement with PO reference which is available in MIGO as well. i believe system will give you error message when you go in next screen after selecting PO.

i haven't tested it,, ..but .if you have tested then please send some screenshots of it.

second point is if you use the 501/502 movement then system wont update any PO history as it wont update the table EKBE (history table).

thanks

kUnal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If material is related to Quality Check then you can do the same by QA32 at the time of UD you can provide 95 as unrestricted and 5 as scrap.

Regards

Ajay Goel

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You receive 100 from vendor  where 95 are good and 5 are bad  but why you want to Scarp 5 material ?

Who will own the cost of 5 material?

If 5 materials are bad, better do Return delivery in t.code MIGO to your vendor and now cross check PO history!

Regards

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bijay Vendor doesn't want those material too...They don't want us to return .We create credit Memo to cover the cost of those 5 .

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

if vendor is not accepting this material then why u need it to be done with reference to PO.

Try the solution i have provided in my earlier reply

you can try somehting like this

1) while scrapping use any available text field to enter PO number(you can make it mandatory for MT)

2) create a report based on above data to track the scrap against POs.

only issue in this i see is you need to enter individual po scrap and cant make a collective scrap for same material

thanks

kUnal

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

you need to activate the External amount field in the movement type as suggested by Jürgen , you need to enter the total amount of stock while doing scrapping so that it will update the price you want.

but this will also affect your total stock MAP.

The scrapping movement wont be updated in the history as you actually cant scrap material with reference to PO. but if you show the material as return to vendor then that entry will be considered in the history.

Entering Material for Scrapping - Inventory Management and Physical Inventory (MM-IM) - SAP Library

you can try somehting like this

1) while scrapping use any available text field to enter PO number(you can make it mandatory for MT)

2) create a report based on above data to track the scrap against POs.

only issue in this i see is you need to enter individual po scrap and cant make a collective scrap for same material

Thanks

kunal