cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to register DP agent to HANA Server - connection problem

0 Kudos

Hello community :-)!

I am quite new to all the SDI topic and I try to register my freshly installed SAP HANA Data Provisioning Agent with the HANA Server for the first time.

I was following the guide available here:

http://help.sap.com/download/multimedia/hana_options_eim/SAP_HANA_EIM_Administration_Guide_en.pdf

So I have the sufficient user rights. I can connect to the HANA, see all the Adapters, but when I click on Register Agent, give a name (in this example agent_dev01) and type in the hostname I  just get as an Error Message the following:

Is this maybe a problem with the 5050 port (as I used the default one?), that it might be blocked or is there any other possibility what could be wrong here?!

I would be grateful for every little help!

Thanks in advance!
Max

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maximilian Meissner,

There could be three reason for this error.

1. For your system the port 5050 is to enabled or to troubleshoot as I see the server is in port 5050.

Corrective Action: Pl take the confirmation from SAP HANA administrators and take to forward to your computer administrator. This is a common issue. When we are first time access the HANA server. We have to make our computer (Desktop/Laptop) enabled with the new PORT.

Solution: Your computer should be enabled to communicate to server thru port 5050.

2. Your account is created recently and your profile is not yet reflected in the hana system.

Corrective Action: Pl take your administrators help.

3. At that time Server is busy/unavailable to honour your request.

Thanks&Best Wishes -Ashok

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer - the problem was actually the non-enabled 5050 Port on my client.

Best regards
Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)