cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does internal pricing exist in Sales Orders as from the 1511 release? And can it be used offline?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the blog SAP Cloud for Sales Pricing i analyzed the functionality with regards to internal and external pricing and checked the settings in the upgraded (1511) tenant.

So far intenal pricing was available in the Sales Quotes. Is it / or can it be made available in Sales Orders? So far i do not see how (scoping, actvity list etc.)

What have been the major changes between the previous and current release with regards to internal and external pricing? E.g. are the limitations in the previous release taken out like tax determination, pricing on tablet?

Is the functionality available off line?

Regards,

MJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

I checked this document and tested it, but it really looks that it is only working for quotations and not for sales orders.

So far in the 1511 release i was not able to activate this functionaltiy for Sales Orders. In the previous version sales orders based on internal pricing could also not sent to ERP.

I am loooking for a set up for an end (C4C) to end (ERP) sales process that can be ran off line at C4C side. I am struggeling with defining a set up that will work.

Any additional info on top of this document that is relevant for the latest release would be very helpful to define the right direction.

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI

guenter_wilmer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Marie, Note that internal pricing for sales order will only be supported for internal orders. In fine-tuning activity for Sales Orders you need assign to the Sales Order Document Type the "Maintenance Mode" Internal. With that configuration you will not be able to transfer orders to ERP though! Offline pricing for orders should be roll-out with 15.11 release. Following actions are required: 1) New scoping question needs to be ticked under Price Specifications under Business Package: General Business Data -> Product and Service Pricing. 2) Price Specifciations need to be replicated to C4C. We plan to support customer dependent prices and standard price (all sales data dependent9 including From Scales. 3) Offline price will refer to an "Estimated Price" then that derives from these price specifications. C4C offline should also support adding a discount percentage based or fix. Regards, Günter Wilmer

0 Kudos

Thanks, Guenter!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guenter,

could you please explain me the step to allow the offline price at point 3?

I mean, following your instructions I was able to set the internal pricing for the sales order, but currently I'm not able to see the price of the products in offline mode. How can I configure this "Estimated Price" for offline price? Currently if I create an order in offline mode this field is blank event though I set "Recommanded price" at product level and base price list as well.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Giacomo 

guenter_wilmer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Giacomo, We will update the slides next week with further information around offline pricing for sales orders. Offline pricing will not refer to internal price list. The price specifications are replicated from SAP ECC. Therefore offline pricing inlcuding discounting will only be supported in context of external pricing. Regards, Günter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunther,

Reading back the different threads on sales order entry, internal orders and off line capabilities

1. External order > ECC Integration     > off line pricing capabilities limited

2. Internal order > ECC Integration     > off line pricing capabilities very limited

From previous answers i understood that the off line pricing was extened with adding discounts percentages based or fixed. But this extention refers only to the 1st scenario? Do i get it right that this change in functionality refers to adding pricing conditions to the order manually and is not automated based on discount lists.

This added funtionality is not valid for 2nd scenario of the internal orders in off line mode?

Are there any plans of extending the off line pricing capabilties for the Internal order scenario?

I am in the middle of a project where we have an internal order process and the sales reps are often off line, so i do need a solution for the off line order entry.

Kr.

MJ

guenter_wilmer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Marie Jose, For internal orders there is no standard ECC integration. These orders stay in C4C. Via custom-build webservice they can be pushed outside C4C . Orders with type "internal & external" can be created in C4C and replicated to SAP ECC and even changes in C4C will then be replicated to SAP ECC.  This scenario only works with external pricing setup. Offline pricing only works with external pricing setup. Price specifications downloaded from SAP ECC for offline pricing will not be used for internal pricing. Order with type "external" will be only replicated from SAP ECC and show up in C4C read-only. Best regards, Günter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guenter,

I understand the External process with ECC integration.

Unfortunately today at my project there is no ECC integration yet. Therefore we moved to an internal scenario.

As the off line scenario only works with the external scenario and not for the internal scenario i will be facing a challenge.

Thanks,

KR.

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guenter,

thanks a lot for your replies.

I am really interested on the offline capabilities for sales orders and especially on the Pricing Offline.

I got that including the latest release 1511, offline pricing for Sales Order have been enhanced to include:

• Offline Order Entry
    • Addition of products from product Master, product list, past orders and promotions
    • Offline validations
    • Defaulting of Ship To based on Sold To and vice versa
    • Calculation of prices
    • Account Block Check
    • MOQ check
  • Offline Pricing
    • Upload prices from third Party system to use in Offline Price Calculation
    • Support for Base Price and Customer Specific price at Sales Area level
    • Manual discounts and absolute discounts

Regarding the Pricing conditions and procedures, how many are available to be replicated and used offline?

Will the user be able to view the complete price items in the Responsive UI App?

Thanks

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

Currently we allow the product base price or customer specific product price is used for offline price calculation. These prices are displayed as estimated prices column in offline.

Additionally we allow manual discounts to be entered by the user. these case be absolute or % based discounts.

All this is available in responsive ui and the Extended C4C application.

regards,

Swarna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Guenter! All clear.

MJ

0 Kudos

Hello Marie,

We allow order which are maintained within C4C without integration to ERP. These order have the maintenance mode Internal only and therefore many a time referred to as internal orders. These order are supported with Internal pricing within C4C. As of 1511 we do not support pricing for these order offline.

We have order which can be sent to ERP which have the maintenance mode as  "Internal & external".

These order can be created in C4C or ERP and exchanged between the 2 systems. For these type of order we support External Pricing. Currently these order have limited pricing enabled in offline mode.

this comes by uploading base price or customer specific prices from ECC to C4C in the prices facet.

From the above dialogue i understand you have order which stay within C4C and you also need offline price support, this is not available today.

regards,

Swarna

0 Kudos

Hello Marie,

Yes - see Guenter's presentation on pricing here:  How pricing works in SAP Cloud for Customer | SCN

-ginger