cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EP standalone or Producer/Consumer constellation for BW integration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I was asked for a heuristic resp. aspects needs to be considered in a case you need to decide if a given BI Java (consumer - producer constellation) can be axed (so the consumer portal takes the tasks of the producer portal in future).

I have seen some general recommendations on this topic here:

But this document is a way to general: this powerpoint contains universal suggestions like possible benefits or considerations. Im rather looking for something that helps in concrete "real world" scenarios.

Due my logic I should be e.g. able to say in case the BI producer falls away, will the consumer be fine with the additional load? Do I need any adaptions on appropriate consumer EP regarding memory, cpu etc.. This for sure depends on number of user, kind of applications etc... So at the end Im looking for something what describes the measurements I need to do and things I need to consider to meet a solid statement. Is there anything I could read on this topic?

Thank you in advance,

cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump...

Even after talking to a guru BASIS colleague of my Roger Krebs's Profile | SCN, who is doing an amazing job, I cant help myself on it. We werent able to find any NWA view or anything else supporting us on this task resp. question. Any thoughts guys?

cheers

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So far I have worked on two different projects where we need to make the same kind of decision. Both places we used the history of CPU and memory usage on Portals. So memory & CPU on consumer + Producer should not exceed 70% to 80% of consumer's capacity during peek hours but it needs review once in a year.

Thanks

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input Sathnish. Indeed the decision we have to make is about to relinquish on consumer completely, so I think its another constellation

cheers