cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/usr/sap/SOL/SYS/exe/run/brconnect: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Support

We are installing solution manager 7.1 kernel 7.21 database is 12c also oracle client 12 under os suse enterprise linux 11 SP4

during the installation facing error

/usr/sap/SOL/SYS/exe/run/brconnect: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and also when i run brconect command using user oraSID saome error occur

Please guide me to resolved this issue

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member197078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khizer,

Please check the Path it has missed some Dir

Regards

SROY

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There can be two reasons.

1 - The system is using a very old version of the BR*Tools

2 - You have set up the system with Oracle 10 G client software like Ram suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

who own the oracle binaries? have you recently changed the owner of the binaries (like using chown)?

if this was the case , you may have to relink the oracle binaries.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khizer,

We are installing solution manager 7.1 kernel 7.21 database is 12c also oracle client 12

Could you share BR*tools version here for database 12c ? Apart from linkage, for me here issue could be related with BR*tools usage for 12c.For this i would suggest you to check with SAP Note   2087004 - BR*Tools support for Oracle 12c

Addition to it please share sapinst_dev.log & brconnect.log files as well.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khizer,

Please check the following things.

1. check in your oracle lib directory that the there is a symbolic link from libclntsh.so => libclntsh.so.10.1

A symbolic link should exist.

2. In the same directory as (1) please run the command "ldd libclntsh.so.10.1" .

If there are any missing dependencies, they will be highlighted.

For both of the requests above, please post the output here.

KR,

Amerjit

arun_kumar165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

Check SHLIB_PATH environmental variable pointing to.Check for the permission .It seen to be permission issue.This file is related to oracle .It is located in your oracle client directory.Check whether it is under user <sid>adm group sapsys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Do verify if you have the below directory and link inside it.

/oracle/client/10x_64

under which you will be having a link for instaclient

instantclient -> /oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient_10201

Update us on the same.

Also as you have mentioned in the start you have 12c Oracle. So i belive the issue is with your enviroment variables.

As the brtools should use the latest client. So request you to check all your enviorment variables and update the same.

Do perform the update for DBATOOLS for your kernel. As the older version does not support Oracle 12c.

Regards,

Ram