cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Binding the Gauge Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am Fairly new to design studio and am still learning my way around the tool.

My question is how do you Data bind the Gauge Component in SAP Design studio 1.5 ?

Looking at the Properties layout; I am Unable to locate the Assign Data-source field.

Here is a screen shot of what I am looking at.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony,

You can use it by scripting by using script like that in your "On Startup"

GAUGE_1.setShowedValue(DS_1.getDataAsString("Your Measure", {}));

GAUGE_1.setIndicatorValue(DS_1.getData("Your Measure", {}).value);

Hope it can helps you.

Regards,

Jonas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot ,the scripting delivered the desired output,thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

What version of Design Studio are you using? Where can I find "On Startup"? Could you please post a screen shots of the steps you are following to bind data to the gauge.

Thanks

Mo

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find "On Startup" in every version of Design Studio.

On your "Outline" panel (basically in the bottom left of your Design Studio), select your application (the item on the top)

Then in properties panel, you will find "On Startup".

Select it and use the script i gave you.

Regards,

Jonas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mo

has captured it nicely,you need to be on the Application level for you to access the on Startup properties under the events tab

The screen shots below will explain a bit more as well.

Regards

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jonas/Anthony I was able to navigate to the script editor "On Startup" however I have run into another silly issue. I'm new to jquery or style sheets and not familiar with the syntax:

In the below code, I tried entering "Amount" which is my measure but I still get an error (I tried removing the quotes as well)

Below is my initial view:

Thanks

Mo!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to get the internal key of your measure to do this. use CTRL+space to find your measures and it will works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay I got that one. However this has no change on the gauge? I had initially set the indicator value and Showed value to 50 manually?

Gauge properties window:

In

Also what if I have to use multiple gauges in my dashboard?

Thanks

Mo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hum... binding data won't change value in properties but at the execution of your application.

Also, to have multiple gauge you have to... set several gauges in your dashboards that all...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh okay got it. Thank you so much Jonas!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is from the Open Source SCN package, judging by the screen shot.  This is an older component written by who is no longer active on SCN, best I can tell.  His component doesn't seem to be data bound, however Karol or I can add the new bindable property to the 'Showed Value' property so that you can make it data bound, if this would help.

n_stein
Explorer
0 Kudos

This version of the gauge component was actually written by , based on my design. Just thought I should give credit where credit is due.

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

Thanks you are absolutely right.  I mistakenly dredged up your initial post:

Antonio AND you deserve credit, and Karol ported it over to our community package here:

However as it stands I believe you and Antonio it is safe to say haven't had the time to revisit this in a while so Karol or I can make some of these properties data bound all the same.

Thanks for reminding me about Antonio!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That will be very Helpful ,Currently Learning my way around Design Studio with a requirement that uses the gauge component.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

In the latest community package out there, is the gauge component data bound and if not I did read somewhere that you were planning on working on it? When do we anticipate the release.

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I get around to it, so somewhere between today or next year

(j/k, kinda...) I'll try to put something out next week unless someone else in our open source group does it first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure, looking forward to it.

Thanks

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whose gauge component are you using?  I don't think the base Design Studio 1.5 has a standard gauge component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I got the gauge component as an Extension,which as I now realize was  WIP