cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grant/Revoke Create, Modify or Delete Connections in Designer Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to grand or revoke the "Create, Modify or Delete Connections in Designer Application" by code for some specific users?

So basically I have a group that inherit the "Full Control" and inside that group I have the specific user that I want to revoke the access right to delete connections into the Designer program. Actually i have the following...But it's not working :

IUserGroup oObjectGroup = (IUserGroup) executeQuery(this.FIND_GROUP_BY_NAME+_userGroupName+ "'").get(0);

IInfoObject _obj = ((IInfoObject)_oObjectUser.getInfoObjects().get(0));

ISecurityInfo2 _secu = _obj.getSecurityInfo2();

IExplicitPrincipals _iExplicitPrincipals = _secu.getExplicitPrincipals();

IExplicitPrincipal _iExplicitPrincipal =  _iExplicitPrincipals.add(oObjectGroup.getID());

IExplicitRights _iExplicitRights=_iExplicitPrincipal.getRights();

RightDescriptor rightDescriptor=new RightDescriptor(CeSecurityID.Right.DELETE,CeKind.DESIGNER, false);

IExplicitRight iExplicitRight=_iExplicitRights.add(rightDescriptor);

iExplicitRight.setGranted(false);

Can someone help me out on this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok guys I found a solution!!!

Basically what i did is to create a Custom Access right, retrieving the "Designer" Object with the following query :

"SELECT * FROM CI_APPOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND='Designer'"

And apply the Custom Access Right for that Object for the Specific User.

Answers (0)