cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Accounting - Stop Depreciation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Overview:  I am trying to shut down depreciation for an asset, and I do not want this asset to depreciate any longer.  For example:  Today is 10/28/15, and I want the last date of depreciation to be for September 2015.

Actions Taken:  I changed the depreciation key in the asset master to MANU.  I then click on asset shutdown in the Asset Master Data.  I then went to AFAMA and adjusted the deprecation key for MANU so shutdown was marked as yes.

Problem:  The depreciation is no longer posting in future months.  However, the depreciation for October still exists, and I want the last date of deprecation to be in September..  In the asset master near the shutdown tick mark there is a sport for intervals.  But, there is only a from date.  I attempted to change this, but without success.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks for reading,

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member219217
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try putting back the the dep. key assigned before and then go to AFAMA and mark shutdown as yes for that dep. key. Then go to AS02--> time dependent and click on intervals and then add interval and then enter the from date i.e from when you want to stop depreciation and then click on shutdown and then check the depreciation values.

Regards,

Ramnik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.  I tried a version of this previously, and I will try again in November.

Answers (0)