cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Status "Target System is not available"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We changed the existing Replication User Name in SLT server system (transaction LTR) for connecting to the target system HANA DB.

But, we're facing the error "Target System is not available" in target system status (LTR -> Jobs and Connections tab).

See error screenshot in attachment.

Are there any authorizations, missing for the replication user?

Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the administration user name for connecting to Hana should be either SYSTEM or a user with similar authorizations as that of SYSTEM user.

If you need to change the password of an existing database connection to the SAP HANA system, you need to first change the password of the HANA schema user in the SAP HANA studio and then specify the database connection password in table DBCON by using transaction SM30.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

Thank you for your Response.

As you suggested, I assigned all the required authorizations for HANA Schema user similar to that of SYSTEM user.

I also changed the Password of Schema user both in HANA Studio and also in DBCON of Replication Server System.

But, I still have the error Status "Target System is not available" in LTR Transaction of Replication System.

Do i have to delete and create the existing configuration once again from LTR? If so, do I have to load once again all the tables in order to replicate them in the target HANA DB?

Any suggestions, please?

Best regards,

Sreenu

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you come across any dumps in st22, sm21? Just to check on why such an error is coming up.

If there are not many tables involved, would suggest to delete this configuration and do a proper clean up (refer note 1905420) and then try creating a new configuration.

deletion of configuration would also mean deletion of loaded tables from hana database as well to avoid any inconistencies.

So you will have to perform all activities again after your configuration gets created properly.

do let us know if this solves your problem or not.

Regards,

Saritha K