cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work Manager. Equipment search result window doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We use

SMP Version: 3.0.7.0  SP Level: 07            

workmanager-6.2.1.0 

I activate settings to show Equipment and functional locations pages in SAP Work Manager.

But I can't find any Equipment on the Equipment - Search action.

The Equipments exit in the ERP.

I used next instruction for activation from SAPWM62-Configuration.pdf

Turn on the Equipment Work List

To turn on the equipment work list, from the ConfigPanel do the following:

1) Select your mobile application and open the Client Globals tab.

2) Search for the global name Equipment.Worklist and set its value to Yes.

3) Click on the Parameters tab and search for the parameter name ctEquipment.

4) Select the record where the parameter group is CT_BAPI_WRAPPER and change its value to /SMERP/PM_CTEQUIP_LSET_GET.

По умолчанию у меня значение было - /SMERP/PM_CTEQUIPMENT_GET.

NOTE: If you have LAM enabled, set the value to /SMERP/PM_CTLAMEQUIP_LSET_GET.

5) For the phone form factor for iPhone and Android Phone, make sure the following additional client globals are active (Active Flag and No runtime Change flags should be checked):

Group = MAIN_MENU_ITEMS, Name = 6, Value = Equipment

Group = MAIN_MENU_ITEMS, Name = 7, Value = Settings

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When searching for Equipment or Functional Location do not use the wildcard in the description field.  The search automatically does a contains search with your entered criteria.  You need to enter at least one search criteria so if you want all equipment then select the plant for example and click on Finish.  It will return all equipment for that plant up to the search limit (25 by default).

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested all possible ways to filter data

All filters returns empty result.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would suggest loading this in the ATE (within Eclipse) and confirm the data within your complex table.  Could it be that your ctEquipment table is empty?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean that I have to come back to the issue of obtaining the source codes of SAP Work manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No the Source Code, is the Java code.  Bill is talking abou the Agentry Code.  You can install the Agentry Plug-in into Eclipse and load the application into the plug-in.

After the applicaiton is loaded, you can open up the Test Client and built a client.  Here you can see the Object and Complex table data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already have Agentry Plug-in into Eclipse

Please, remind how to  load the application into the plug-in.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can simply switch to one of the Agentry Perspectives and then import the Agentry project.  You can just select the Production Server application into workspace option and point it at the deployment zip file.

Once imported, open the View for the Agentry Test Environment and start it up.  Connect to your server just like you do from the WPF client.  Once loaded you can use the Test Environment options to view the Complex Table ctEquipment.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I imported Agentry project using file from SMP Server

C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.SAPWM\SAPWorkMgr621Deployment-20150514.2243.zip

After import I got next image

But the Eclipse doesn't allow me to Test Client

The error is:

Eclipse The java Virtual Machine is running in a different directory that the executable

I test several ways to fix it:

Added next params in eclipse.ini

-vm C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\client\jvm.dll

-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\server\jvm.dll

this line raised error on start of eclipse.

It doesn't help.

Although at same time I can write a separate test java project like "Hello world" on Java and it runs and works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The location of that line in your Eclipse.ini is important.  Make sure it is above the -vmargs like and that it is split across two lines with the -vm on one line and the path on the second following line.

Below is what my eclipse.ini looks like.  Note the location of the -vm argument and path.

-startup

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar

--launcher.library

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120913-144807

-showsplash

org.eclipse.platform

--launcher.XXMaxPermSize

256m

--launcher.defaultAction

openFile

-vm

C:/Java/jdk1.7.0_80/jre/bin/server/jvm.dll

-vmargs

-Xms40m

-Xmx1024m

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

magic line

openFile

-vm

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\server\jvm.dll

-vmargs

helped

I started Work Manager and connected to SMP.

I repeated the search for pieces of equipment but the result is still empty.

Complex Table ctEquipment is also empty.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The search functionality looks for matching records in the ctEquipment complex table.  Since that is empty your results are as expected.

You need to look at your configuration settings and possibly debug the SAP calls which are populating the ctEquipment table to determine why it is empty.  Once you get data downloading I anticipate it will work as expected.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

What approach should be used for debugging SAP calls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1st of all check in configpanel the settings for ctEquipment table. like TABLE_CHECK, ENABLE_TABLE(should be 1) and all.

If everything is fine than check is there any filter criteria for this CT table. if this is also fine than put a break point in ctEquipment DO class and debug.

Ajitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to make it work when I customized it with LAM support.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Just a question, are your work orders created with a functional location or an equipment linked to it?

Because in those tabs, only functional locations and equipments assigned to your work orders are displayed.

While you are testing on the ATE like Bill and stephan mentioned, you can also run the BAPI's for equipment and functional location in sap to check if they return any data.

/SMERP/PM_CTEQUIP_LSET_GET

-shanthi

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Prashanthi,

The Functional Location and Equipment tabs display only the items you have searched for (against the assoicated CT) and you have selected to add to the list.  It has no relationship to the Workorders or Notifications assigned to you.

--Bill

0 Kudos

Bill,

you are right. when i checked the demo version, by default it shows the FL's and equipments of Work order.So, i got mistaken.

Thanks for correcting.

-shanthi