Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO90 Configuration

sagar_kapadia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Company Codes: 10 (one per country)

Chart of Account: ABCD (same for all company codes)

Chart of Depreciations: 10 (one per country)

Account Determinations: 20

When configuring AO90, one of my colleague entered a GL account in "Acquisition from affiliated company" under Acquisition account assignment in account determination 100000. The same Gl got updated in all the chart of depreciation and all 20 account determinations. What if different GL accounts needs to configured per account determination?

H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Account determination is based on

COD - Chart of depreciation

COA - Chart of accounts

If you have a different COD country wise, then you can assign different G/L accounts.

If you are using the same COD for all the Company codes, then you can try what others have suggested.

Thanks,

NSK

sagar_kapadia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Narasimhulu,

I have different COD country wise and single chart of account used.

However, when I updated a GL account in "Acquisition from affiliated company" under Acquisition account assignment in account determination 100000. The same GL got updated in all the chart of depreciation and all 20 account determinations under depreciation area 01. What if I need different GL account per account determination in the same depreciation area?

Tiger_007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

using t.code: ANK1. you can use same asset class and update to different account determinations using different chart of depreciation.

AO90 you can maintian different gl account for same chart of accounts with different account determination.

Hope this is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Account determinations are valid for the whole chart of account. So if you enter an account, it is valid for all asset classes that make use of this account determination.

But of course you can enter different accounts for each account determination. That's actually the purpose of having different account determinations. So it cannot be true that all account determinations got updated if just for one of them the GL account was entered.

Best Regards, Michael

sagar_kapadia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the valuable inputs, but this has happened in my case and 20 account determinations were updated with the same GL. I know this is strange but has happened in the system and so curious to raise here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say this is not possible. Did you try this yourself?

• Can you post screenshots of 2 different account determinations...
  • Then change an account for only one(!) of them...
  • And afterwards post again screenshots of how the 2 account determinations look after your change?

Best regards, Michael

sagar_kapadia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

When I tried changing the account determination with a different GL (from 210300 to 145000). The moment I updated to 145000, all the account determinations in all the depreciation areas got updated to 145000. Due to confidentiality agreement, i cannot upload system screenshots.

T
Former Member
0 Kudos

When you edit an account determination you can maintain the accounts for each depreciation area separately. See the screenshot below:

-> There is definitely no program logic that copies the accounts from one area to another.

If accounts from one area are also used in another area, you might check your depreciation area settings. There is an option to always use the same accounts as in another area. This is the only reason I can think of that produces a result like the one you describe:

Best regards, Michael