SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment Item Assigned in G/L Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

This question is for you, but if someone else knows the answer, can reply as well

I was reading the e-book written by Eli regarding PSM-FM, a excellent e-book by the way, but there was an information that I didn't understand.

The e-book mentions that is possible perform the mapping between FM objects and financial entities, for example, assign a commitment item to a G/L account. However, it also says that this action does not imply the derivation during postings of FI transactions.

I've already noticed that, but I'd like to understand the purpose of mapping the commitment item in a G/L account. When the commitment item information provided on G/L account is used and what for!?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Amorim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By assigning commitment item to G/L in G/L master data, you can further define the rule in FMDERIVE which will fetch this information from G/L, while introducing commitment item. Of course, you can manage it in another way and make a rule in FMDERIVE, based on Table lookup, maintaining all combinations of GL-CI, but that's less efficient. Just remember, that linking CI to GL doesn't imply automatic derivation of this CI: you have to tell FMDERIVE to do so via a rule.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Thank you for promoting my new book!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By assigning commitment item to G/L in G/L master data, you can further define the rule in FMDERIVE which will fetch this information from G/L, while introducing commitment item. Of course, you can manage it in another way and make a rule in FMDERIVE, based on Table lookup, maintaining all combinations of GL-CI, but that's less efficient. Just remember, that linking CI to GL doesn't imply automatic derivation of this CI: you have to tell FMDERIVE to do so via a rule.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Thank you for promoting my new book!

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I am now also wondering the e-book 🙂 will search for it!

If possible, can you please also advise me on a very specific requirement.

My customer is implementing CFIN and wants budget check to be done as well in FM.

The thing is that CFIN replicates only Financial Document, meaning if PO is posted in the source system CFIN will replicate only the FI posting: Vendor Account vs P&L. In such a case, I am searching for a way to make the system to identify Vendor Account as budget relevant as well as commitment budget and not payment budget. Is there a way to make the system checking the commitment budget from the GL account and not PR/PO? Further, IR will be a normal payment budget consumption.

Thank you.

Fidan Abbasova.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, create a separate thread for this, to be compliant with forum rules 🙂

E-book is already off the shelves. The new edition electronic/printed version is now available

0 Kudos

Thanks, Eli, will do.

BR

Fidan.