Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Commitment Item Assigned in G/L Account

Hi Eli,

This question is for you, but if someone else knows the answer, can reply as well

I was reading the e-book written by Eli regarding PSM-FM, a excellent e-book by the way, but there was an information that I didn't understand.

The e-book mentions that is possible perform the mapping between FM objects and financial entities, for example, assign a commitment item to a G/L account. However, it also says that this action does not imply the derivation during postings of FI transactions.

I've already noticed that, but I'd like to understand the purpose of mapping the commitment item in a G/L account. When the commitment item information provided on G/L account is used and what for!?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Amorim

Former Member
replied

Hi,

By assigning commitment item to G/L in G/L master data, you can further define the rule in FMDERIVE which will fetch this information from G/L, while introducing commitment item. Of course, you can manage it in another way and make a rule in FMDERIVE, based on Table lookup, maintaining all combinations of GL-CI, but that's less efficient. Just remember, that linking CI to GL doesn't imply automatic derivation of this CI: you have to tell FMDERIVE to do so via a rule.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Thank you for promoting my new book!

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question