cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will SAP ASE Cockpit include monitoring/managing of Replication Server ?

former_member350489
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we're just starting up a project to test SAP ASE 16 SP2 here, and from the documentation of SAP ASE 16 SP2 it says that Cockpit will be the new tool to migrate to if you use SCC today. But as far as I can see, there is still no feature or possibility to monitor and/or manage SAP Replication Server from Cockpit ?

Does anybody know when Cockpit will include monitoring and manage of SAP Replication Server ?

Thanks

/Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Mikael

Please refer to the SAP Replication Server product roadmap link below.

We have the WebUI/admin/Monitoring/Cockpit in the Future direction and SCC enhancments in Planned Innovations.

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001407882012E.pdf

Regards

Terry

former_member350489
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Terry,

that doc was very interesting to read !

It does however not say when or in what version/SP of RS that Cockpit will be included in ?

Have you any idea if one can run a "mix" of both SCC and Cockpit until it is fully implemented into RS ?

Thanks

/Mike

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Mikael

You can run both SCC and Cockpit in your environment, they are seperate products.  You would have your RS and Data Assurnace (If you are using Data Assurnace to check your primary and replicate data integrity.) monitoring and managment in SCC and your ASE in Cockpit.

Regards

Terry

former_member350489
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Terry,

since you did not say anything about any ETA, I reckon that it isn't in the plan yet ?

Will it be possible to run SCC against both ASE and RS as we do today (we use the graphical topology window for example to see all the flows) and also monitor ASE 16 SP02 with Cockpit in parallel during a phase where we evaluate Cockpit until it's included in RS ?

Regards

Mike

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Mikael

I am not sure about monitoring ASE's in SCC with the newer 16 releases?  I can only speak for the RS plug-in running in SCC.

You will continue seeing  ASE 16 in the topology view using SCC with the RS plug-in even if your ASE is also being monitored in cockpit.

Not sure if I answered your question completely, so please let me know if I missed something in your question?

Regards

Terry

former_member350489
Participant
0 Kudos

Terry,

that answered my last question !

Thanks

Regards

Mike

Answers (0)