cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax in miro based on value not tax code .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

my issue is calculation tax in my business not calculate based on percentage(tax code) but they have different tax calculation

and i want to take this calculation an put it in tax amount filed in miro and press on calculate tax check box

but can i calculate tax by this way (enter value manually in tax amount filed ?

please advise ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed ali,

as per your requirement you want to post the tax manually during MIRO, there is a configuration to post the amount on seperate GL in logistic invoice verification,

path is - SPRO>IMG>Materials Management>Logistic Invoice Verification>Incoming Invoice>Activate Direct Posting to G/L Accounts and Material Accounts

you have to activate the check box. and while posting the invoice post the amount on Tax G/L which is maintained in your tax code.

let me know if this will be helpful for you.

regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Ankur Chauhan

but check box already marked (active)

it's seem not possible to post the tax manually and i have to use tax code in miro to calculate tax .

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you guys,

but i want to ask about another way(solution) to calculate tax .

my customer can calculate tax by his way then enter tax amount  in tax amount filed and press on calculate tax check box  it will settle in sales tax G/L account without using tax code .

is that possible ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are looking for a Magic-Harry-Potter-button in MIRO?

you want enter 100.000 without tax code and this amount shall find its way to right accounts while distributing to 500 items with even different tax codes.

You want say your vendor is not even able to tell you on his invoice how much the total tax amount per 10%, 15% and 5% tax rate is?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

settle in sales tax G/L account without using tax code .

You are doing MIRO for vendor invoice and why you are linking to settle in sales tax G/L account?

In MIRO- you handle tax code with tax as INPUT (nature)Tax but in Sales Invoice you have tax code as  Output tax.

Better understand real requirement and test it with one line item in MIRO- then only think for testing with 500 line items!

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Bijay Kumar Barik f

i want that Because my user want that in invoice he want to settle tax in invoice  to let accounting department to know this shipment has tax value and others inbound value .

but it's seem settle in sales tax G/L account without using tax code not possible .

i have to use tax code for that .

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better discuss with business and confirm requirement of capturing  sales tax in Vendor invoice posting (MIRO).

If your business of any cost to capture and you can discuss with FI/CO team to post the expected amount with to particular G/L account or check FB60.

Regards,

Biju K

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

why u need sales tax account in Purhase invoice... get this  requirement is clear from user.

let us know what is the type of this tax ?

post that tax with FB60 or get a condition added to the header or item as required and configure it for posting to specified account with accruals and account keys.

search on google you will get many post for configuring conditions.

thanks

kUnal

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain default tax code V2 in t.code OMR2 for your company code and save.

Now you can do MIRO for all  500 line items by selecting check box of "Calculate tax" and see how all tax amount are calculating for all 500 line items!

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am really confused what you guys do in MIRO.

I receive an invoice in paper and then I just read the paper and enter the values into my MIRO screen.

If it is a standard case then you can safe a second effort by calculating the tax instead of typing the amount that is shown on the invoice, which you have to do anyway if the calculated tax is different from the invoice, since you have to enter nothing else in MIRO than shown on the paper.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you first Jürgen L

i make  invoice with reference to po number and i have more than 500 line item and some articles take tax 10% and other 15% and 5% so  it's difficult to doing that by tax code , so i want to make user calculate tax by his way then  enter total  value in tax amount filed  and calculate tax based on it .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even here I expect that  the tax amounts per different percentage  are visible in the invoice.

So you just jump into the tax tab of MIRO where you can enter several tax amounts in respect to the different tax code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i have more than 500 line item

can i make default tax code V2(10%) on 500 line item?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the tax tab in MIRO is header level. you only enter the amounts that are shown in the invoice at the bottom. what you enter there is the total for all your items.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello ,

there are ways to default a tax code int he PO , you can use the inforrecord for this , you can set material and vendor or use the OMR2 to make it default at header level for CC.

Google for defaulting tax code in PO.

thanks

kUnal