cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A5ttaching a Hit List to a new Specification Type

0 Kudos

I have created a new Specification type but everytime I search on this new Specification Type the Hit List only shows the default details Specification Id and Specification Type.

I have a Identification Listing that I want to attach to the new Specification Type.  How do I do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc,

the details you see in the hitlist are based on the ID-Listing D_HITLIST. Based on position ID and priority ID of a given identifier defined in D_Hitlist, this identifier is shown in the hitlist or not. If your specification does not have any identifier that are defined in D_HITLIST, none of them is shown.

You can of course adjust D_HITLIST so that it shows the identifers you want to see. But you cannot, as far as I know, specify another ID-Listing that is to be used for your new specification type.

Ralph

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JCD,

Each specification has its own identifier category and type (one unique name or number like CAS & UN), why do you want to add the identifier listing of one specification to another specification (means new one) ??

Identifiers are related to spec. cat not spec. type. Spec. type is is which form substance do you want to use real_sub or pure_sub etc.

If you want attach, you have to create a new specification with new specification type (if the identifier list is differs from existing specification id's  ) and its based on spec, category only specification type.

Thanks

Satya

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Franc

as shown by the others: only spec cat is a "variant" to define different ident listing for this (was not sure). I would assume that in 1 promille of cases that this is an issue.  IN any case: there is a BADI (check customizing) so you can "enhance" look and feel of the Hit list

C.B:

PS:check e.g.

EHSS_HITLIST - BAdI: Enhancement of Hit Lists

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc

Just to summarize, as Ralph has said, the ID-Listing you'll need to adjust this D_HITLIST, but  this is only dependant of the specification category, not the especification type.

So, the first Id, is the CAS number, but if you want another order you will create the following entries

Spec. Cat.IDListPos.IDListPrioID Categ.ID TypeReg. ListMaxNoID
11Your ID CategYour ID TypeIf need, your Reg.List1
12NUMCAS1

If you add a custom regulatory list to the IDs in your new specification type (if  the IDs are used in other specification types), or if your IDs are only used in your specification type, this will show the Id. that you need.

Regards.

JCD

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Franc

you are on the "wrong" trip (in my opinion).  An "identificaiton listing" is (if i remember correct; but not 100% sure) not depending on spec type or spec cat.

Identification listings aer used for e.g. "hit list", refernce tab, inheritance tab, composition, sepc listing etc. At many places.

You can "enhance" chnage the look and feel of hitlist (please check customizing of EHS; I believe it is an BADI; not sure). BUt I do not know what you would like to get and therefore help is limited.

C.B.

nick_valeriano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Franc,

Can you confirm your requirements:

You want to add an identifier to the new specification type?

Simple, go to identifiers tab in Change mode and add identifiers.

Or, you want the search for this specification type to include their identifiers?

It may be that when you press enter on the cg02bd screen, you're clicking Simple Search, try using the Hit List. If that doesn't solve it, then right click on one of the Column headers after you search - Select "Show..." - then select the columns you want to display, this should include the identifiers that you want.

-Nick