Few Basic Queries on SAP EHSM Incident Management Process
I will like to take your inputs on few basic queries on the Incident Management process.I will definitely award the points on useful points.
1. I understand that there is an offline process to capture incicents via Adobe forms. I am doubtful about the name of forms used in release 3.0 onwards. For e.g. for incidents it is INC_OFFLINE_REC_INC, from release 3.0 onwards is this form changed to EHHSS_INC_AIF_INC_OFFLINE_REP ?
2. I understand that i need to assign a class CL_EHHSS_INC_INB_PROC_BCS in SO50 to the email id which is also the email id configured in SAP ADobe forms. for allowing offline Adobe form process to work?
3. Can you suggest what is a class name that controls the form reception from witness or damage parties and once the form is released it translates it as an approval task for the incident manager, is it CL_FP_INBOUND_HANDLER?
4. On reporting side fr BI reports there is a role required for me to process , ensuring the bI settings are done. The BI dashboards comes with standard built in reports and KPI's which can be monitored and tracked. For me to let it work is to simply maintain limits, correct and have BI infrastructure in Place ?
5. I am still not sure how can i trigger the file functionality in SAP EHSM. I have completed the configuration and configured BO and exort profiles, however from where do i start the generation of excel files? Do i need to activate BADI to trigger the process?
Thanks for your replies.
Joachim Neff replied
The name of the forms have been changed since SAP has added the functionality to generate an incident from offlince forms, which was previously only possible for near misses and safety observations.
Yes, this is how the system is working, as documented in IMG activity "Define Inbound Processing for E-Mails".
In the form you specify the e-mail address where the form should be sent to once it is filled (by clicking on submit).
WIth the settings in SO50 you actually need to specify the same address again. This is for the system to recognize how the data sent should be handled and subsequently stored into EHSM Incident Management.
The general control lies within the workflow EHHSS_INQY. There is a step which waits for an event where the form is returned. This event is triggered by the Inbound Handler specified in SO50.
The storage of the data is done through a so called inbound persistor class. An inbound persistor stores the data form a filled form into the application. This class is specified in IMG for each form individually.
So when an E-Mail reaches the system (as configured in SO50) class CL_EHHSS_INC_INB_PROC_BCS is called. This class determines if it can recognize the form and calls the corresponding inbound persistor. After this call was successful the event that the form has been stored is triggered and the workflow is continued with a new workitem.
I'm sorry but could you elaborate what you try to achieve?
The Excel-based reporting is triggered from the search screen of incidents. So you need to go to Search Incidents / Near-Misses / Safety-Observations and generate a hit list there.
From this hitlist you can generate an excel-based report by clicking on extract incident data. (Please note that you need to select the entries first which should be available in the file based report).