Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data displayed when using BI platform

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a strange issue when trying to use the DS 1.5 SP2 addon (BI SP6 patch 3)..

I can successfully create a dashboard (without entering any BI logon data) which fetches data from a BW query...however when I try to use an OLAP connection in BI no data is being shown, both when deploying locally or on the BI platform.

Any hints on what could be the cause ?

thanks and best regards

Michele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share more details?  Did you upload the application to the BI Platform?  Do you have access to the data via the OLAP connection?

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

let's say that when I open DS and initially logon into the BI platform , none of the executions return data (locally and on the BI platform)..while when I skip the initial BI logon (thus working locally), I can successfully retrieve the data (of course only locally after logging on the BW system and choosing my query)

So when uploading the application on BI it doesn't work..no errors are trapped in the logs

thanks and best regards

Michele

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So it sounds like you have BW access

What is your BI platform access? 

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried both enterprise and SAP BW (the OLAP connection has a predefined BW user set)

best regards

Michele

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try the same OLAP connection with a Web Intelligence report?  If you do that, do you see data?

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

yes in webi I can see data

best regards

Michele

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you upload the application to the BI platform?

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

I just saved the dashboard (providing BI credentials when opening DS) and then it was visible in my favorites

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

strange thing is that initial view on the datasource shows my data!

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try importing your local application to the BI platform following the steps listed here:

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

I did some testing...

- when no query is directly assigned to datasource, the export import procedure metnioned worked with a strange minor issue (the crosstab table/chart button is missing when executed on BI, I was using a generic analysis template)

- when a query is directly assigned to a datasource in the application, it never works

I have opened an oss