cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Shipping - Error Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have configured the report shipping, and it seems to work correctly now.

The reports are sent via the email communication to the email address maintained in the customer master.

I just wanted to know, if anyone has ever used the functionality of error handling, via configuration node - "Assign Recipient for Error Handling".

I have maintained this configuration with following values:

Reason: SD_CALL

Reason Type: DELIVERY

Business Proc: XXXX

Error Code : (Blank)

Language: (Blank)

Recipient Name: SAP User ID of the recipient

Recipient Type : B

After this I executed the complete cycle.

Now lets say if the email address maintained in the customer master is not correct.

So in such cases the email is not sent to the customer.

I expect system to send an email to the recipient, which I have maintained in the above mentioned configuration.

Is my understanding correct.?

In this case the email is not sent even if the customer's email address is not correct.

Do I miss any configuration.?

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Aarohi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aarohi,

If I am not wrong, your understanding is partially correct. Please note following points.

• System will send notification in SAP inbox and not the mail to outlook inbox.
  • It will only send notification if document distribution error happens 'inside report shipping' and not on e-mail exchange server. If customer e-mail address is incorrectly maintained in customer master record, report shipping programs would still process for document distribution, but it will finally fail at e-mail server. However, if no customer e-mail Id is maintained in customer records, then report shipping order would fail, and hence notification would be triggered to error handling ID in SAP inbox.
  • You need to set Business Proc: MSDS_DIST for this to work.

Regards,

Pavan