cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Key Figure values In the Past

Former Member

Hello,

I am working on a scenario based on SAP2 template which has an offset of -4 months as a predefined value.

I would like to reinitialize the scenario getting 0's for all the key figures related to inventory.

My idea is as follows:

1. 1. Generate 0's for all the past horizon for Total Saleable Qty Key Figure
  2. 2. Execute a Profit Optimization Model getting a 0's for Constrained Demand Plan Qty Key Figures
  3. 3. Validate that all the Inventory related key figures are 0 like the Projected inventory in the DC's due to 0s on Demand.

In order to be able to edit Total Saleable Qty key Figure I have thought in the next options:

a. Change the offset to -28, all the past horizon, for the planning area and make the key figures editable. Change values to 0.

1. b. Change the configuration of Total Saleable Qty key figure form "Editable in the Current or Future" to "All Editable". Make the changes and undo the configuration modification.

I would be really pleased if you could help me with this point.

Is this the best option to reinitialize the Past values?

Which is the best practice for this aim?

Thank you very much.

Josep Tomas Olive

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Josep,

The easiest way to delete transactional data for the past (when KF is not editable) is to go to

Versions -> Manage -> Delete -> Select the version (e.g Baseline) -> Provide time horrizon -> Select your KF from the KFs tab -> Run

But one question, why don`t you make inventory target equal to zero?

Regards

Alecsandra

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Another easy Option would be via copy operators:

For source, take a calculated KF that sets either 0 or NULL

For target, select those KF that you want to initialize

Than with the offset you can determine how much you want to go into the past, and with the duration you determine how many periods. You can than schedule the operator as a recurring job e.g. every first day of months or daily or whatever, with or without selection criteria

Cheers

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

First of all thank you very much for your quick response.

I am working in a scenario which was already created and tested. So my idea is only keep Cost related Key Figures values and try to "Clean" the rest of Key Figure values with the aim of understand the process flow in IBP. For example introducing a qty on Total Saleable Qty KF and executing a Profit Optimization or Heuristic I would like to try to understand how the other key Figures in each Location /DC/Cutomer /Product/etc are affected.

As per your answer, deleting the Inventory Target I have been able to delete some of the projected inventory but not all of them. Do you know which could be the reason? Could it be due to the Receipt Qty in Canada ( MFG location, 64.000) that is sent to the DC (19000)? Is it possible to delete it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Josep Tomas Olive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josep,

Yes, this is due to transport supply from location Canada which already started in past and is reaching DC in your current bucket i.e June'15 as per offset. This can be seen in transport receipt key figure at your DC.

You can try to the parameter INITIALIZE_LEADTIME_HORIZON to delete these key figures. Please see section 10.8.1 in help document for more detail-

http://help.sap.com/download/ibp/ibp40_model_ref_en.pdf

Thanks,

Rohit

Answers (0)