cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank screen while viewing .lums file in BI Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have upgraded our BI 4.1 platform to SP^ Patch 3 and installed the Lumira Server, BIP Add on 1.28 so that we could publish Lumira content to BI launchpad.

I have the Lumira Server (service) running with no errors and we have published (.lums) content that was developed using data consumed through universe. When I try to view this from BI Launchpad,

- IE 9.0 (which is not supported), I get a screen with three animated dots and the header has Visualize and Compose labels (links)

- IE 11.0 , I just get a blank screen

I looked for error message on the server but don't see much. Has anyone come across this behavior? Can someone share some troubleshooting steps for Lumira viewer component?

Appreciate your help!

Cheers

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, we just figured out the cause. Earlier we were on BO 4.1 SP2 Patch 5 and we had applied corporate level group policy to emulate IE11 to run in compatibility mode (IE9) as Webi had issues running in IE11.

Once we remove our upgraded server from the compatibility list, Lumira content shows up like a charm.

Thanks again!!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd had the same issue with Lumira 1.30 and Firefox..

Bruno.

former_member185671
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem.

Im trying to upload local Lumira files to BO but I can't.

We had to refresh the server so I downloaded them, and kept them locally.

Now I can't publish them.

Best,

.CV

0 Kudos

Hi

are you also getting blank screen when you publish document from LD to BI?

former_member185671
Participant
0 Kudos

No, I can't ever connect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CV

May I know what do you mean by refreshing the server? Also can you can share the error message that you receive when you try to save the Lumira documents to BI platform?

Did you try enabling the trace (BO_Trace.ini) for the client tool to understand more about the root cause of the issue?

Mohan

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to update your BI Platform to at least 4.1 SP04 as SAP Lumira for BI Platform 1.28 is only supported on this version or higher.

Please check the PAM (slide 7)

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100001293012015E

BR,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael and Henry,

Thanks for those answers. And sorry about the typo in my earlier post. We are on 4.1 SP6 Patch 3. Our main reason for upgrade was to be able to pubish Lumira content to larger audience.

I shall try to get Chrome installed on my PC to try viewing the Lumira content and update this post again.

Kind Regards

Mohan

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you open a Sample from the lumira samples folder ?

just for comparison, can you try Chrome browser?

regards,

H